GTA V

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Psuedo, Sep 1, 2013.

1. NickKmet

NickKmet Rookie

Yeah, when this comes to PC (holy hell, it had better) it's going to dominate my life.

2. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

Even after my bitterness for making us wait, I still plan on buying a PC collectors edition.

3. madster111

madster111 Rookie

GTA is always better on PC.
    But it's not so much better as to skip the game for months waiting to see if they WILL release a PC copy (remember, they didn't with RDR. The cunts.) It really is awesome, i'm about 1/2 way through it so far and still going.

Plus, most GR brosephs are on PS3/360, so when GTA Online is up we'll all be on that.

The PS3 version isn't actually that bad. I mean, it still plays at 26-29FPS and lacks anti-aliasing pretty fucking hard, but you can have fun with it. I've always played PC GTA games with the controller, too, mainly because driving with a keyboard sucks dick. It has auto-aim so i can deal with the lack of shooting goodness for the ability to maintain lower speeds and turn at non-flatout rates.

4. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I couldn't help but make fun of your last lines. Comparing something to Skyrim really says "It's overhyped and mediocre, but it's easy so everyone will love it."

While I have some issues with GTA5, it's still easily the game of the year. Mostly because the competition is pretty weak, but still, a great game.

I like that the story is really pretty good, without feeling the need to be unnecessarily melodramatic (cough GTAIV cough).

5. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

Stop.. 4 was an amazing game with a super engaging story (and wasn't trying too hard).

Bonus: I love how they work GTA IV people into the story lines.

The Lost and Damned Storyline was stupid so I'm glad I got to kill Johnny.

-Lester: " There was some guy in Liberty City making moves, but he went silent."

6. danielrbischoff

Or it really says "it's a great game and gamers at large will love it."

Given the massive popularity of Skyrim, I don't think it was overhyped. People really seem to love that game so I'd also be reluctant to say that it was mediocre. The same is true here. People are having tons and tons of fun with GTA V all around the world which makes it seem appropriately hyped and... not at all mediocre.

7. danielrbischoff

I would love to see Niko reappear in some way. I get why Rockstar doesn't like dragging their past characters into their new games, but I would love to see Niko play some role in DLC or in GTA Online or something.

8. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

I didn't like the main storyline in 4. I absolutely loved the DLCs though. I find the characters in 5 a lot more fun and capable of emotion than I ever felt Niko was.

Also the mission where you take Jimmy to Burger Shot and he shares his drink. I couldn't stop laughing.

9. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

It did have a great story, but can you really say it didn't go ridiculously dark and dramatic? I mean, Niko's backstory was that he was a child soldier looking for the guy who got all of his friends killed. And then there was stuff like Roman's wedding, Roman getting kidnapped, Roman's business getting destroyed. All that stuff. Poor Roman...
    While GTA has been dramatic before, it was a whole new scale of dark and dramatic.

Although, one thing I do love is that you can find Packie and use him in your heists. He's not super good, but he's cheap. Enough. So it worked out good.

Also, I'm saving all the assassination missions for the end of the game, so I can do them when I already have a bunch of money in my pocket.

And Dan, I think overrated is a better term than overhyped. But that's an argument for another time.

10. Kakulukia

Kakulukia Rookie

Well, they did bring back the whole cast of TLaD and Packie, so why not? On the other end, it could be kind of hard to bring back Niko and not bring up IV's ending, which would make one of the endings canon and piss off those who chose the other one *coughinfamouscough*

11. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

Also, even though there isn't any GTA:Online, how about some friendly competition? I am, of course, talking about street race time trials.

Since it shares your times with everyone who is in your Social Club, how about we all do a race and see who comes out with the best times?

12. StudioTan

StudioTan Regular

[​IMG]
    Art imitates real life.

13. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

Haha

14. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

Jimmy made me laugh when he put on these thermal vision goggles, k.o a guy, and starts tea-bagging him. Couldn't quit laughing.

15. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Trevor is officially my favorite.

16. danielrbischoff

Smart man :) Now that I know what all the assassination missions are, I'm going to invest with ALL THREE characters before launching the mission on my second playthrough.

17. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

The stock changes don't happen right away, so you can do the assassination and then invest with everyone. Which is what I did when I did the first one, and now everyone has 60% more money than they had before.

18. danielrbischoff

Why? Spoiler color if you must. Just wondering I love hearing everyone's thoughts on the game.
    I'm down, pick a race?

19. Longo_2_guns

Staff Member

So far, my favorite is the all city race, which is found at the top of Los Santos. One big lap around the city.

Right now, my best time is 3:00.994, which when I did it sat as the 400th best time. Now it's at 1400th best. Still.

20. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

No one reason in particular. The due is a complete psychopath, and yet has a fairly strong moral character about him.

Plus he's fucking hilarious.