GTA V

Well, I was able to create my female character, but f*cking thing wouldn't launch session. I wanted to live stream some of this today.

LinksOcarina said:
Can we say that GTA V is officially broken?

Notsureifserious.jpg

One of the biggest games of the year just released the online component....of course there is going to issues with so many people trying to get on.

And that excuses it in the end?

The fact that it was launched without the multiplayer is a black mark in of itself, and it doesn't even matter if they told us ahead of time really.

And hell, CoD had similar numbers but never had reported server overloads as far as I can recall. So I really don't see why they get a pass.

LinksOcarina said:

The fact that it was launched without the multiplayer is a black mark in of itself, and it doesn't even matter if they told us ahead of time really.

And hell, CoD had similar numbers but never had reported server overloads as far as I can recall. So I really don't see why they get a pass.

You have a valid point but I would say the nature of CoD vs the open world nature of GTA V is a bit of a bad comparison. I do agree though that they need to get their shit together when you launch a big name game like this, particularly when you delay launch on an entire component only to run into one of the most fundamental issues...an inability to play a product as advertised and paid for.

shandog137 said:
LinksOcarina said:

You have a valid point but I would say the nature of CoD vs the open world nature of GTA V is a bit of a bad comparison. I do agree though that they need to get their shit together when you launch a big name game like this, particularly when you delay launch on an entire component only to run into one of the most fundamental issues...an inability to play a product as advertised and paid for.

Well, did World of Warcraft work the first day it was launched?

Really the only comparisons we have are other open world MMO's. I guess if people dealt with it there, they can deal with this here.

But then no one should have complained about stuff like Diablo III if that's the case, since its eerie how similar this is to that. SimCity too. Oh sure, you can play GTA offline, but that still doesn't really excuse anything if you ask me.

Pretty much every MMO ever has had launch issues. I know cause I've been a part of quite a few of them.

And comparing SimCity to GTA? Really? SimCity you couldn't even play single player without server issues.

Green_Lantern said:
Pretty much every MMO ever has had launch issues. I know cause I've been a part of quite a few of them.

And comparing SimCity to GTA? Really? SimCity you couldn't even play single player without server issues.

So?

I'm not letting GTA V slide for terrible management and a (currently) broken product that should not have these issues in the first place. As for SimCity, then that makes it no better or worse of an issue than World of Warcraft' first launch, if it had server issues like you said. It simply makes it the nature of the beast.

So we all know what to expect I guess.

Does it really say in the forums were beta-testing it? Or is that implied by Rockstar?

BTW, finally got the opening cutscene, only to be forced into a mission that has been launching for over twenty minutes.

Should I restart and hope for the best?

madster111 said:
Why the hell didn't they release it at midnight for each time zone and spread out the load?

That's a good question, past me.

It's because Rockstar are a bunch of fucking numpties who've never seen what a mass-rolled out online launch looks like before (ie, server fires), despite having ample opportunity over the last, oh, 6 years or so to see how it goes down.

Rockstar do not have an excuse in this situation. We now expect every big online game to go down on release, but WHY? They have made well over 1 billion fucking dollars at this stage, why aren't there some strong servers backing it up?

Or several years.

But at the same time, I was in no way buying this for multiplayer. I thought it would be a great addition but I view it as a feature. COD and MMO are all online, all the the time. There are people who have never played the campaigns on COD. Can you say the same for GTA or Red Dead or Max Payne?

So anyways....

I just finished all the assassination missions and all 3 characters are sitting around 1.3 billion dollars.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle