Arrested Development: Season 4 Spoilers OK

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by danielrbischoff, Mar 1, 2013.

1. danielrbischoff

I think you can talk away. I'll add spoilers to the thread title.

2. Mod-Chip

Mod-Chip Rookie

GOOD!

In that case....

Cue music

"Go away getaway, get away getaway, turn away getaway get away getaway..."

3. Sourdeez

Sourdeez Rookie

4. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

I'm a new comer to this show. I've known about it for years and always heard how good it was, but never watched an episode until a couple months ago. So rather than a revival of the show, season four, to me, was just the new season after the summer break.

It started out flat. The first two episodes I hardly cracked a smile. But from then on the gags, set ups and payoffs, and jokes picked up greatly and I was enjoying myself all the way to the end. As expected, I found the Tobias episodes to be the best.

Some scenes had obvious green screen effects (I guess they couldn't get the actors for a scene in the studio on the same day?) and I was curious as to why every other character seemed to be smoking. Steve Holt looks like he aged in dog years while the show was away.

I was really impressed with the way the story was woven together over fifteen episodes. It was like a big puzzle being assembled as I watched over the duration.

So, if you compare Season 4 to those before it, did they re-capture lightning in a bottle? No, but I wouldn't expect them to. They did the only thing that they could do: gave the show anustart.

5. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Just started watching season 4. I'm way behind I know but then again I wasn't too psyched for it. Don't get me wrong I loved the show, just not season 3. I was in the small majority who was ok with it being cancelled because I saw the quality drop. Take a lesson from the Brits and run a short series with lots of laughs.

But anyway i'm a few episodes in and I think it's pretty bad. I like the new style where each episode is dedicated to each character but the humour just isn't there. But i'll stick with it, hopefully Gob and Buster's episodes will be good, they were my favourite.

Also Lindsay looks scary. Just say no to plastic surgery.