An American Horror Story

intoTheRain

Regular
Anyone watch this? Girlfriend and I watched the first 2 episodes tonight and we're hooked.

Don't need scary movies anymore as long as this show is on. TBH it's better than any "haunting" movie that I can even remember. Gonna be my new favorite show, or at least up there with Dexter.

My only question is where the writers will take it. It's gonna take talent. The writing so far is superb, I just don't know how long they can drag out a family in the haunted house. So I'm wondering if they might do a new family each season. One dies off, new one moves in.

The first episode had me laughing, scared, disturbed, turned on. Can't wait to see the next. I would watch it at work but the girlfriend says she won't watch it alone so I'll just have to download them the day after. It's what I have to do with Dexter anyway.

Ugh. Didn't see it on first page or in the series topic aassumed it hadn't been done :(

Im such an embarassing failure.

Omg it IS on the front page. Just ban me.

What's sad is I think I read it. I remember your post sticky. The erotic part got my attention.

intoTheRain said:

What's sad is I think I read it. I remember your post sticky. The erotic part got my attention.

Haha, well it wasn't grabbing a ton of attention. So I guess we just move to this thread.

I like it. Nice to see horror that isn't focused entirely on gore and inducing jumps. The atmosphere is great and they have done a good job with it so far.

Chick in the maid costume, when she is young, definitely working that erotic vibe.

StickyGreenGamer said:
intoTheRain said:

Haha, well it wasn't grabbing a ton of attention. So I guess we just move to this thread.

I like it. Nice to see horror that isn't focused entirely on gore and inducing jumps. The atmosphere is great and they have done a good job with it so far.

Chick in the maid costume, when she is young, definitely working that erotic vibe.

I quite enjoy the maid and the wife.

Tate or "taint" does a great job.

There are just so many questions that need to be answered and it will keep people watching. I felt like the way the house handled the three intruders was well written and clever. Gotta wonder why the house is protecting the three. Most likely because the mother is going to give birth to a satan child.

I wonder if the writers even know or if they're just gona wing it as they go.

I'm sorry...
Full.jpg

What?

Used, it is on Hulu, but only the pilot so far. Not sure why they don't have the 2nd episode up yet. 3rd episode airs on FX tonight.

Rain, they supposedly have 13 episodes for this season. But yeah, I don't see them being to push out multiple seasons from these characters. Either this is a one season and done show, or they will have to bring in new blood come next season. Personally, I believe the manner in which they have brought the story forward will serve the one-season model better than the start of a series.

An option they might be exploring, in addition to a new family for a new season, would be to switch location to a different house every season as well.

I think itd be a neat idea to have a new family every season. So far each episode has started off showing a previous victims demise in the house. So it could make sense. But I also think itd be hard to make that fly. Get attached to one family, they get to know a new one, they die. Itd be very hard.

I also can't see it just ending after one season if it does well. Noone would turn the money down.

And if they drag it on with the same family it will require incredible writing ill be anxiously waiting to see. If not it will fail fast.

I think the whole "how will the show progress" idea is half of the intrigue I have with this show. No idea where it will go.

intoTheRain said:
I think itd be a neat idea to have a new family every season. So far each episode has started off showing a previous victims demise in the house. So it could make sense. But I also think itd be hard to make that fly. Get attached to one family, they get to know a new one, they die. Itd be very hard.

I also can't see it just ending after one season if it does well. Noone would turn the money down.

And if they drag it on with the same family it will require incredible writing ill be anxiously waiting to see. If not it will fail fast.

I think the whole "how will the show progress" idea is half of the intrigue I have with this show. No idea where it will go.

Its hard to tell. The show isn't exactly lighting the airwaves on fire, but it isn't an icecube yet. Since it is running on FX it should have a bit longer of a grace period, and whether you like the producers/directors past work or not, they had longevity and delivered ratings for a while

As it is, I would expect a renewal. But we are only 2 episodes in, and there is always the possibility that there is something in one of the later episodes that may change the viewer pool. May be FX, but it is still FOX, and they have a history of pushing unwarranted/unneeded changes into shows.

Point in case, they got Bones pregnant. That show will be on its last season.

Sorry for the double post, even if this topic seems to be created out of them. They just put the 2nd episode up on Hulu, guess they are running it a week behind to try and force you to tune in. I'm not sure they did this show much of a favor by jamming it in a Wednesday 10PM slot. Competing with CSI, South Park, SVU, and whatever else people are watching at that timeframe.

As far as the episode last night...This one felt a bit more rushed than any of the others, I thought as it got closer to the end it was kind of forcing hands and mopping up loose storylines left and right. Next week should be good though, start of a 2 part focusing on Halloween.

i LOVED the third episode.. better than the first two. it answered a ton of questions, but they in turn left me with twice as many questions as I had before I watched it.

Can't wait for next weeks episode. I think I might like this show more than Dexter, and that's saying a lot... But I'm also stuck watching the shitty 6th season atm, so that could be misleading me, but it looks like it's going to start picking up next week hopefully.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod