The Simpsons might be getting the axe

WickedLiquid said:
The day I have kids are the days I'll start buying The Simpsons DVDs for them to watch. And they too will learn Mr. Plow, that's his name, that name again is Mr. Plow. :)
You would do that to your own children? Who do I call in Canada to get your unborn children taken away from you? :wink:

Only seen a few new episodes (seasons 15-XX) and can't really say I would miss The Simpsons even if it ended.

The first 10 seasons seem to be on a never ending re-run of a re-run on TV here. Air some newer episodes dammit!

That's cool because the reruns played here seem to be exclusively seasons 13+. But I have seasons 3-10 on DVD if I want to watch. I used to put a disc in every night when I went to bed.

WickedLiquid said:
FOX also cancelled Bob's Burgers which was stupid. That show had a lot of potential and was much better than American Dad or The Cleveland Show.

Sweet, I can't wait to see new episodes of Bob's Burgers on Comedy Central in a few years. Really enjoyed that show.

daverabbit said:
WickedLiquid said:
FOX also cancelled Bob's Burgers which was stupid. That show had a lot of potential and was much better than American Dad or The Cleveland Show.

Sweet, I can't wait to see new episodes of Bob's Burgers on Comedy Central in a few years. Really enjoyed that show.

That was a real niche show for me...and honestly I only saw it once and it didn't click. It seems more like a cult hit for Adult Swim, kind of like what The Oblongs turned into.

As much as I love The Simpsons (plots and lines have probably colonized a good 20% or so of my brain) I realize that it has been a mediorce-to-bad show as long as it has been a good-to-great show.

If this season is the last one, there will be one tragedy: no proper series finale. Think about it: the series sendoff to the longest running and most-beloved prime-time TV show would be Homer becoming a lifeguard, or Marge gaining weight, or some other nonsense.

But yeah, like everyone else here has already said, take it out back behind the barn and shoot it in the head. They can't do any worse.

I grew up on the Simpsons. Would watch the 2-4 episodes they would rerun everyday from 6-8. Loved having new episodes. Used to hate Saturdays, because that would be the day there would be no Simpsons on.

Over the years, it has degraded though. I still watch, still DVR new episodes. But it has past its time. What would be a proper send off for this show though? I think Law & Order style would be best.

Kill off 3 of the McFarlane shows and introduce 1 that centers around Stewie, Brian, Quagmire and Roger. Save me the time and put the best Seth characters in one show.

Except make them old Stewie and Brian, back when Stewie was an evil genius and not a gay stereotype and back when Brian was the voice of reason and not McFarlane's political mouthpiece.

Brain was always my favortie character on the show. However, I had gone a few seasons without watching Family Guy and now that I'm caught up on some older seasons all I can say is wow... They really destroyed Brain by turning him into a pretentious douche. He went from Wilson on Home Improvement to Ryan on The Office.

Longo_2_guns said:
Except make them old Stewie and Brian, back when Stewie was an evil genius and not a gay stereotype and back when Brian was the voice of reason and not McFarlane's political mouthpiece.
Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

But they lost focus on Family Guy after the first revival season on FOX...yeah it had some clever stuff but it became bloated and shit...

Which is why American Dad is much more acceptable for that type of political satire, and why it's a better written show right now.

American Dad and Cleveland Show are SO TERRIBLE. I think they leave those shows on the air just to make Family Guy look clever by comparison.

used44 said:
American Dad and Cleveland Show are SO TERRIBLE. I think they leave those shows on the air just to make Family Guy look clever by comparison.

Disagree in part. Cleveland is so so, but they rehash a lot of material, and its almost ran its course. American Dad on the other hand, is actually quite good. Newer seasons may not have the same thrill, but there is a lot more quality there along the shows run than there is with Family Guy.

American Dad Christmas special last year was freaking awesome, good stuff, good stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod