check it out nerds: The movie YOU helped to create

And no, I'm not talking about Snakes on a Plane! The upcoming documentary The People vs. George Lucas examines the complex love-hate relationship that Star Wars fans have with the the creator of their mostly-beloved series. It may be a while before it comes to DVD or your area (it premiers next month) but even if you aren't interested in Star Wars, it looks like a very intriguing story of passion, obsession, and the thin line between love and hate (much like The King of Kong worked as a character study rich in competition, arrogance, and obsession, making it interesting to anyone who isn't interested in arcade game competitions).

I am curious to see the tone that the documentary takes: Does it side with the righteous indignation of the series most die-hard fans and their ire for Lucas changing the Star Wars films? Or, to paraphrase Bart in the "Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show" episode of The Simpsons, will it suggest that the biggest fans out there shouldn't even have the right to criticize the institution they love so dearly and asks for so little in return?

Trailer 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aoc3roT81nU

Trailer 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hAkwcHEAo8

This looks like it might be pretty interesting to watch. One thing I got from the initial info on it: no one likes Jar Jar!!! :p

Seriously... does anyone like Jar Jar?

tigerlily521985 said:
This looks like it might be pretty interesting to watch. One thing I got from the initial info on it: no one likes Jar Jar!!! :p

Seriously... does anyone like Jar Jar?
Might as well say it because I know someone will sooner or later, "Ugh and Jar Jar are so similar..."

Alot of star wars fans terrify me. It's one thing to enjoy the series, it's another to act out the movie in broad day light where people can see you and believe you have jedi powers that can manipulate peoples thoughts.

Haha Nicki, post more!! You better pick up some Irish lingo from Aunt Tony!

Ugh, you're no JarJar. You're not saying as many annoying things now haha!

All I can think of is the South Park episode where George Lucas and Steven Spielberg continually rape Indiana Jones and various Star Wars characters...

Also....Star Trek > Star Wars

Would you guys be seriously pissed to see a Star Trek Star Wars Crossover?
Like how big would that be? Would it be too much? It's maybe even forbidden territory just to talk about it?

I'd crap the bed if I had seen Homer J. shaking hands with Peter Griffin, in a bad way I mean.
On the other hand, I'd piss my pants if I saw Peter Parker punching Batman's face in.

I read the Star Trek: TNG/Xmen crossover novel!

Also, this hatred for Lucas is way blown out of proportion. Star Wars is his to do with what he wants.

I don't love the new movies but it doesn't tarnish my love for the old ones or the novels just because he wants to go another direction.

Man, fuck SXSW. Back when it was locals only and free I'd go. Now all the tourists show up and movie badges are $1024 a pop.

Pfffft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle