Your life advice

Okay, I'll try another advice. Buy stuff that you need first. Try getting a generic for of whatever you're buying. Make a list, because chances are you'll forget and end up b*tching you forgot to get whatever at the store. After you do that, save some money for back up. You never know when you'll need it. Then, you can spend your money on video games and other entertainment.

This is how I'm able to go see movies and hang out with my friends.

Drink water, at least one cup a day, and everytime before you drink soda.
drink+water.jpg

That is all

1) You're an idiot. Try not to show it.

Everyone is an idiot. We're all ignorant and stupid and flawed. Don't try and act like you aren't an idiot because you are, and pretending not to be only makes you a bigger one.

That said, some people are less of idiots than other people. Most people are, in fact, gigantic idiots. Use that to your advantage.

2) Money is the second most powerful force on the planet. Use it wisely.

Know where every dollar you have came from. Know where every dollar you spend is going to. Be an intelligent consumer. And going off of that are 3 and 4.

3) Half the things you need you don't need.

You don't need shit. Fuck you, what the fuck bullshit are you spending money on? You don't need any of that shit that they tell you you need. Save your goddamn money.

Fuck.

4) The two smartest things you can spend money on are education and healthcare.

Shit breaks. You don't need new stuff. Fuck that. Your mind and body will be with you for the rest of your life, unless you get in an accident or something. Keep them strong. Your mind more than your body, because, again, it's good to make yourself less of an idiot.

5) Travel to China now, before it's too late.

You can learn more in a week in China than you can anywhere else. Yet the nation is changing by the day. Get there before it's too late.

6) Seek justice in your life. Nothing else is as important.

If you do something wrong, accept the consequences and face punishment. If someone wrongs you, forgive them if they seek redemption. This is one of the premier teachings of Jesus.

7) Trying to change the world is like trying to change the wind. Instead, adjust your sails. If you're trying to get anywhere, don't fight against people. Instead, move with them, and have them push you forward.

There's more, but I'm bored, and most of the best advice in life is stuff that your average person will scoff at as either common sense (which isn't common) or stupid (as said by a fool).

Longo_2_guns said:
1) You're an idiot. Try not to show it.

Everyone is an idiot. We're all ignorant and stupid and flawed. Don't try and act like you aren't an idiot because you are, and pretending not to be only makes you a bigger one.

Looks like someone needs Jesus.

Longo_2_guns said:

You can learn more in a week in China than you can anywhere else. Yet the nation is changing by the day. Get there before it's too late.
I have to recommend ANY overseas travel, whatsoever. And if possible, try to live overseas for a little bit. Your head will expand with so much knowledge of the world. It'll make all the gigantic idiots look like even bigger idiots.

Truly the world is becoming more and more connected so maintaining a narrow view of it from the comfort of your home isn't going to help you move forward.

Agree with Dan and Longo. Living somewhere overseas really puts things into perspective. And you begin to realize just how retarded it is that our grocery stores have 70 different types of cereal.

As someone who has done more than enough travel for a lifetime, China specifically is the best choice for anyone to go to. It's cheap, amazing, and constantly changing. Not even Japan compares.

Longo_2_guns said:
2) Money is the second most powerful force on the planet. Use it wisely.

What's the most powerful?

6) Seek justice in your life. Nothing else is as important.

I think living a happy life is more important. Also what is justice? As determined by law? As determined by "a moral consciousness"? Both are extremely flimsy and relative.

-BBK

danielrbischoff said:
Longo_2_guns said:

I have to recommend ANY overseas travel, whatsoever. And if possible, try to live overseas for a little bit. Your head will expand with so much knowledge of the world. It'll make all the gigantic idiots look like even bigger idiots.

Truly the world is becoming more and more connected so maintaining a narrow view of it from the comfort of your home isn't going to help you move forward.

Totally agree. Been in another country almost 6 years, and most people from my school are in the same small town, i dont get it? Most havent travelled outside of america. Its almost like no one actually wants to? I wanted to leave home from the age of about 14 :p :p i have learned so much. Especially being here all alone and having no one to rely on.

Dobby2244 said:
Totally agree. Been in another country almost 6 years, and most people from my school are in the same small town, i dont get it? Most havent travelled outside of america. Its almost like no one actually wants to? I wanted to leave home from the age of about 14 :p :p i have learned so much. Especially being here all alone and having no one to rely on.
You definitely grow more independent and self-reliant, but you also learn how readily you can depend on people when you need help. I want desperately to move overseas again and stay. Been... irritated with America lately.

I spent a week in Costa Rica, and god, would I love to go back. That's a great country. If only my spanish were better and I weren't so white.

I was actually looking at jobs in Australia before I got the job I have now....I wouldn't mind moving overseas one bit, actually think it would be awesome.

Like I said, I'm a seasoned traveler. I've been to at least 18 countries in 4 continents, and spent a semester abroad.

So trust me when I say: if you're going to go anywhere, go to China.

NickKmet said:
Floss your teeth. Every. Single. Night.

It honestly isn't as bad as some people think it is, and it really doesn't take more than a few minutes. It is also totally worth it.

For a while I'd been having problems with my gums bothering me any time I had anything slightly acidic. Turns out, my gum had encroached on my tooth too much, I was getting food stuck in there, and it would get inflamed. Putting acid on that only made it hurt like a b****. I started flossing every night about 3 weeks ago, for no particular reason really, and now that problem is gone.

Also helps with bad breath, and now I don't have to worry about getting a lecture from my dentist anymore when I go in!

intoTheRain said:
2) Stay fit, get exercise. Even if it's 25 minutes a day 5-6 days a week, get outside, get on a treadmill, do whatever and make yourself sweat and get that heart rate up. The more you do the better, of course (well to an extent), but even 25 minutes a day, hell even 20, will make you look better, feel better, be more confident, have more motivation etc. The list goes on. Exercise is honestly to me, the base of a great life. It gives you all the tools to excel everywhere else.

I really need to start exercising daily. I need to drop the pounds, but I've convinced myself I need to be doing super intensive and time consuming s*** if i'm going to do it at all. Maybe I'll take your advice ItR and start with 20 minutes a day.

as long as you go at it HARD, 20 minutes a day is a good start.

Having seen my third acquaintance get busted today, I thought I'd add in

Don't look to do illegal shit over craiglist, you fucking idiots. "Looking for a friend to help me locate 420 wink wink" is not subtle, it's not clever, and you don't have to be a member of the police force to figure it out

two friends got arrested on a fake buy a while ago, today, a guy I knew in highschool who responded to a craiglist add for a prostitute, but they were smart, instead of saying a whore, she just posted a personal ad with all the s's changed to $

....how fucking stupid can people be, I could never be a judge ruling over these cases, I'd never be able to stop laughing in their faces

Longo_2_guns said:
Like I said, I'm a seasoned traveler. I've been to at least 18 countries in 4 continents, and spent a semester abroad.

So trust me when I say: if you're going to go anywhere, go to China.

Meh. That's nothing.

Edit: Okay, that is something if you're an American. The rest of the world isn't as insular when it comes to travel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle