The Walking Dead

NickKmet said:
Daddio said:
and whats with a commercial BEFORE the credits, if the show ends ... roll the credits!!

Doesn't like, every TV show ever do that?

Some do, some don't. I find it a bit useful though, they usually stick previews for the next week in with the credits, and since previews often give away more than they should I just know to turn it off at the last com break.

Ya know.....I'm all caught up on season 1 and 2, and I gotta say....I've given this show more than a fair chance. I love end-of-the-world situations, and I love zombies, but they have managed to make an end-of-the-world zombie series boring.

First, there is no real overarching plot, no sense that the characters are going anywhere or doing anything (see "The Formula"). Second, the characters are plain old vanilla flavored stupid. Finally, not enough zombies.

The formula of the show is
1. Someone (who is a burden to the group and slows them down) is "left behind"
2. They debate using time & resources to rescue the missing person, decide to rescue anyways.
3. Someone in the rescue party gets in trouble, they have to get saved.
4. ???
5. Repeat.

It's the zombie apocalypse. People are going to die. Be grateful it wasn't you and move on.

I'm giving the show a couple more episode to turn around before I tune out for good. I know a lot nerds don't willingly stop watching their nerdy shows, but its not like anyone is forcing me to do so.

So anyone else still watching?

I'll admit the pace is pretty slow but I actually kind of enjoy it like that. It just feels more realistic to me being a character driven drama instead of an action/horror zombie slaughter series.

I also think that Shane has become a very complex and interesting character. He makes a great villain because he's evil but sympathetic. It's really hard to feel sorry for a guy who brutally shoots his friend and leaves him screaming in agony in order to draw the zombies attention away from him. But if he hadn't of done that, they both would've died and so would've Carl. That moment will always be with him and since then we can see Shane's darker side emerging, while remaining subtle about it as to not look suspicious I think that's great character writing.

They need more zombies! At times it feels like Lost, a whole lotta talking about stuff and never really seeing anything crazy go nuts happen.

More zombies would be cool, but this a tv show, not a movie. They're doing what they can with the reduced budget they were given for season 2. Regardless of zombie quantity, I still really like the show.

I finally started rewatching this show and catching up with this season. I'm through the first two episodes of season 2 and it's already much better than the first season. Once I'm fully caught up, I'll join in the conversation.

Daddio said:
They need more zombies! At times it feels like Lost, a whole lotta talking about stuff and never really seeing anything crazy go nuts happen.

Yeah I agree it's pretty slow. But it's based off the comic so at least we know they have answers and aren't making it up as they go along. I'm pretty sure that this season will end badly with all those zombies hidden in the barn. It's just taking us awhile to get there.. They're focusing more on the characters and I like that. Last season they were all pretty one dimensional but now we're getting to know them a lot better. I think Darryl lost in the woods on mushrooms having hallucinations about his one-handed brother Merle was just awesome.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod