The Walking Dead

So tempted to be a dick right now and ask if the ending of the graphic novel has happened yet just to spoil it.

If you want to know what I was going to say....Highlight! Has Rick's son shot him yet so he doesn't turn into a zombie?

I haven't read the graphic novel although I've been meaning to for some time, just haven't had the chance.

I enjoyed the premiere a lot. First half hour was intense then it felt like it came to a screeching halt and dragged a little. I guess that's probably due to the fact they pulled the old "we're giving you 90 minutes of The Walking Dead when really we're just adding way too many commercials in order to stretch it out."

They pulled that crap with the Lost finale, I hate when they do that.

NickKmet said:
No, that hasn't happened yet. The show doesn't really follow the graphic novel at all.

Yeah I knew they wouldn't get there yet...I just thought it'd be a douche move of a spoiler.

Wes said:
I thought it was amazing.

Yes and double yes. I love this show.

I'm wondering if the plot is going to stray further away from the comics or if it will wander back. I like the plot of the comic but I like the direction they went with the show too!

i enjoy it, although at times i think the solo dramatic close up speech spree goes on a little too long.

NickKmet said:
No, that hasn't happened yet. The show doesn't really follow the graphic novel at all.

Does that happen in the graphic novel or is it Shane that happens to? I was just going off of an image I saw for one of the pieces of cover art they may have used.

Lethean said:
NickKmet said:

Does that happen in the graphic novel or is it Shane that happens to? I was just going off of an image I saw for one of the pieces of cover art they may have used.

I'm actually not sure which happens in the graphic novels, since I haven't read them. lol. I do know that the show hasn't had that happen yet, and from the reviews I've read, the show isn't following the graphic novels all that closely.

Recently saw that season 1 was on netflix and watched the first three episodes, I saw the first episode when the series premiere and loved it but watch to it on Sundays. I'm pissed I missed out on it but hopefully I'll finally get some free time and be able to finish this season and catch up with season 2 before it's over.

Such an awesome show, so well done, very suspenseful and it feels like I'm watching a well made movie. THe show points out aspects that I've never thought about for zombie fiction. primarily with the aspect that shooting guns is a bad idea because sound attracts more zombie. That makes so much sense and I've never thought of that before, still handy to have a gun but melee weapons are looking better. Also the concept of reserving ammo and having to search for ammo, typically when I think of zombie settings it involves busting caps without consequence. Great show though and loving it.

I'm out of town and coming home Sunday when the premier comes on. Will catch up because this show is sweet (I just finished the first season about a week ago before I left)

Rakon said:
I'm out of town and coming home Sunday when the premier comes on. Will catch up because this show is sweet (I just finished the first season about a week ago before I left)

I believe you are a week late on the premier, unless it ran a week later up there. Just finished the second episode about 10 minutes ago, pretty good. Typical cliffhanger dragging you into next week

i will no longer watch this on tv and await a download of it (i really wish i had a pvr). the show is friggin amazing, but all these commercials are not ... and whats with a commercial BEFORE the credits, if the show ends ... roll the credits!!

<3 the show, hate the way AMC whores out its channel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod