The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by WickedLiquid, Nov 1, 2010.

1. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Anyone catch the season premiere last night? Personally, I loved it and can't wait to see the next episode next week. If they end each episode with a cliffhanger like they did last night it may become my new LOST.

And am I the only one who felt really bad for that horse?

2. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

I don't know how you can post spoilers when this is based on a comic book series, meaning if anyone wants to find out what happens they can just read it but anyway... I haven't seen it yet but go-go gadget bittorrent!

3. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Well, I hide my spoilers because I am not a colossal asshole who spoils things for those who haven't read the series but want to watch the show. Personally, I don't like to know much of anything before watching something, it ruins the experience.

Also I didn't know this was based off a comic series! I just caught it last night without knowing anything about it and got hooked. I'll have to give it a read after I watch the series. I find it's always better to watch something based on the book first because the book is usually better.

4. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

This is on my DVR and will be watched as soon as I get to it. The comics are pretty good and AMC is rising in my viewing ever since Mad Men started, so I'll at least watch one or two episodes.

5. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Dvr'd, haven't watched yet.

6. The_Big_Cheese

The_Big_Cheese Regular

It was pretty good, actually saw it a couple weeks ago since my roommate got a prescreen of it. Of course there were some differences from the comic, but that's to be expected and they weren't plot changers.

7. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

i liked it. some pretty good zombie effects. the story has me intrigued.

8. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

I really enjoyed it and will be watching it until it gets old. If they really settle into the long-term effects on a person's psyche in a zombie apocalypse then it will be good. Up the psychological ante each episode instead of the action.

Spoiler: The father and son holed up in the house was well played. I enjoyed the fact that little Gus from Psych was the kid. Also, that horse has a lot of intestines! D8

9. TheDiesel

TheDiesel Rookie

Super good pilot episode, cannot wait for the next one.

10. Shaft

Shaft Rookie

I watched it. The zombie stuff was pretty cool. Im not a comic/graphic novel guy, so I don't really know anything about this. I didn't really care much about any of the characters, so that could be a problem going forward, but ill keep watching and see how it goes.

11. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

God damnit! I was just at IMDB and some troll made a thread with the title being a big spoiler in all caps...

Why the fuck do I visit that place?

12. The_Big_Cheese

The_Big_Cheese Regular

Forgot to mention that they had also greenlighted a second season before the first episode even aired.

13. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Because IMDB has some really great info about movies and shit...

Just don't look at the reviews or discussions, they're at the bottom of the page so it shouldn't be that hard to do...

14. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Yeah, I'm talking about the forums. I see now why they've been pushed to the bottom of the page since they really are the bowels of the internet.

15. schimmel

schimmel Rookie

So I watched it, and it was in short amazing. The first zombie drama for TV that I am actually looking forward to watching every week. It's gonna be awesome

16. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

What other zombie dramas on tv did you skip?

17. Shaft

Shaft Rookie

Grey's Anatomy

HEYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

seriously ellen pompeo is gross.

18. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

Great acting, great character depth, a lot of emotion.

Oh yeah, and it's a horror series too! Good build up of suspense in key parts. I can't wait for more.

19. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Loved the second episode!

I'm glad they left the redneck guy behind. I was thinking the black guy was going to be the stupid one who dies trying to save him but this show isn't as predictable as I thought.

It was very intense when Rick and Glenn were walking through the town covered in zombie guts.

20. lokness

lokness Rookie

I just got around to dling the second ep (unavailable down under) but have yet to watch it. The first episode was great, i shat bricks when i saw that the other cop was still alive and hitting his best friends wife. shits about to get real.