THE WALKING DEAD

Green_Lantern said:
Really though, all this game seems to be coming down to is choosing between one person and another. I'm having a hard time believing that your choices REALLY matter that much. I mean if you choose to do one thing the other person will resent you for it and vice versa. There's no one decision where the person on the short end of the stick will understand your reasoning.
I talked about the sort of illusory choices in TWD on the podcast today, but I'm not sure we're reflecting the same way.

If you guys listen let me know what you think.

Just finished episode 4. This game is incredible. I played episodes 1-3 back to back to back, then had to stop to get some sleep.

Spoilers

I'm so pissed you can't change what happens to Carley, I thought you could and was planning on doing things differently on my next playthrough. Looks like you can't change major plot points but you can change how people interact with you which is pretty fun.

It's amazing how they can take characters I hate and make me really feel for them when they die. Like the old man or that annoying kid Duck.

I noticed at the end of episode 4 there are many different combinations of people who come with you. At first I had just Ben come with me and didn't show the bite.

Opened up a second file and tried to get everyone to come with me, but no matter what I do Kenny won't come with me. No matter what I say he refuses to join me. I was a dick to him most of the time though (ever since he crushed the old man's head in) I'll have to go back to episode 3 and be nicer to Kenny I guess.

Going to play episode 5 with just Ben and I tomorrow. I'm kind of in denial about the bite and I'm hoping it's just a scratch....

I meant Hilda! Stupid G is right beside the H.

Dan, I gave the podcast a listen. GAH! I wanted to be in on that. Ah well, good talk gentlemen, Alex seems cool as hell.

Finished the game.

Oh. My, God.

3335118394_a31de2e7e4.jpg

I fucking hated it. But after letting it digest I was able to see it couldn't have ended any other way and now I think it was great since it's the most powerful thing I've ever played, more powerful than any sad movie too.

Although I don't want to play it again and do everything different since in the end it won't even matter.

Mergff. I just finished Episode 4 and it turns out I was with the majority on all 5 key decisions. A few of them were close to 50/50, but still that's mildly disappointing. There's one decision that I regretted choosing IMMEDIATELY but oh well.

I think the reason for the majority (and me!) all making the same decisions comes down to Lee becoming a really defined character by this point. If you're really into the story, you choose what Lee would choose. Not that all of the decisions are that easy, but there are some (especially the ones in this episode) that are no brainers. Like, oh, Lee would never do that other thing.

I finished this game a couple days ago... definitely deserves the multitude of GoTY awards but I'll be damned if I play through the game again. It reminded me why point and click adventure games are great.

Agreed, Used, there's definitely a point where they should've stopped being all "your decisions will change the game" and been more along the lines of "you're now in the path you set".

Most people didn't threaten Vernon when you first meet the Cancer Survivours. But if you do he has an awesome Samuel L Jackson moment. I loved episode 4.

Just finished Ep 5

**Semi-Spoilers**

I got a little choked up on the final dialogue choice "I'll miss you." I'm even getting a little emotional thinking about it now.

Me as well. Its just within my character to try to help people for the future rather than say things like Im sorry. I also told her to keep her hair short, figured it would fit with him loosing so much energy.

Game was worth playing through twice. Hope it helps in the future.

The Feels! The feels!

1318563689003.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod