Highschool of the Dead

NecroWolf

Regular
Yeah so it's no secret I watch anime, and enjoy a good bit of it. It's no secret that I play imported J-RPGS like Super Robot Wars and other stuff. What can I say? I'm a fan... that is, of certain anime, series and games. I dislike Dragonball but respect it for what it has accomplished. I do like Akira, I'm a huge fan of Trigun (Vash is ONE (Not the only one) of my favorite anime characters of all time), I enjoy Ghost in the Shell, and a few of the video-game to anime movies (The SIN movie is fairly good, as was the original Fatal Fury movie). I like some of various genre-types in anime... but this isn't about those, this is about what I consider one of the best anime-series I've seen in a long time. It's about Highschool of the Dead.

Those who don't know what it is, it's.. interesting. It's about a bunch of High School students, and a nurse, who are trying to survive a zombie apocalypse. Now, there is a lot of... fanservice, but if you get over that, and enjoy it, especially the translated dubbed version (For once, the voice-work is amazing). I highly recommend it, but keep in mind the first Episode isn't.. that good, it gets a bit over dramatized, but once you're past the first episode it really picks up. I just wanted to make anyone who is looking for a good anime aware of it. Besides, it has Kohta Hirano in it... who is an epic character. Trust me.. he's awesome. At first, he looks useless... than, he isn't so useless. It isn't The Walking Dead, nor is it 28 Days Later. It's... something else, just watch it.

That being said, does anyone here watch anime? If so, any favorite types? Any extreme dislikes? Hell, if you despise anime, I want to know, because I love people of different opinions. Heck, you may have seen Highschool of the Dead and hate it, that's cool too, I want to know why. :D

Peace.

I enjoy anime but if there is a manga for it ill read that instead i just enjoy reading it more because animes always seem to just drop stuff out and it just kind of ruins it for me

:wave2:

We should be friends.

I'm more of a manga man than an anime one. I've read all the Highschool of the Dead chapters though, it's incredible stuff! (And it's 18+ incase you're wondering...about a certain teacher :lol:)

You're right, it's brilliant. I've got the first 4 volumes in my manga collection as I type. I just love all the gore with all the emotional journeys the characters have at the same time. The artwork is awesome too. And I agree that Hirano is indeed one of the best damn characters out there. He's a compete dork who gets bullied until he has a gun in front of him haha! Practically a schizo. The manga is on hiatus at the moment though, and has been for about half a year which is annoying.

I have watched anime before obviously, my favourites being Welcome to the NHK, Love Hina, Gurren Lagann and Airgear. And I've watched the power 3 of Naruto, Bleach & One Piece. I have most of the Ghibli films on my DVD shelf. And Ninja Scroll is my bible :p
I pretty much like any genre: shounen, comedy, mecha, I'm even inclined to a little romance.

If you ever look the other way to manga, I must absolutely recommend Battle Royale. It's my favourite by a mile. Along with Eyeshield 21, Airgear, Rurouni Kenshin, oh man there's so many!

I'll have to check Battle Royale out, you made me want to look into it. I'm going to be purchasing the manga of Highschool of the Dead recently, as I heard the anime series is extremely faithful to it and differs little. I'm inclined to pretty much any type of anime or manga myself, with some of my favorites being action/adventure, comedy/action and mecha. I love horror too, as long as there is a good story to back it up, or at least interesting characters. If you could PM a list of decent manga with a small description of some, I'd appreciate it, if not, that's cool too.

I watch anime. I kinda think Highschool of the Dead is alright would've been a lot better with less fanservice and outrageous ones at that. I would think a girl would slap you silly if you used her chest as a tripod.

A manga I'd recommend is Goodbye, Mr. Despair (or "Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei"}. It's a pretty funny manga about a suicidal teacher.

cyberjim2000 said:
I watch anime. I kinda think Highschool of the Dead is alright would've been a lot better with less fanservice and outrageous ones at that. I would think a girl would slap you silly if you used her chest as a tripod.

A manga I'd recommend is Goodbye, Mr. Despair (or "Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei"}. It's a pretty funny manga about a suicidal teacher.

Haha! boobies surprisingly feature in a lot of the fighting scenes!

And that manga sounds interesting, I'll give it a go!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod