The Stalfros Experiment (Chat Thread)

Surely you're joking. Jimmy Fallon is the undisputed king of late-night, and The Roots are his valiant steeds. Conan and Leno are both his openers, since you always save the best for last.

I like Letterman :)

Letterman on NBC was THE best. I can think of a few comics who owe their entire careers to Letterman's NBC run. Though I won't waste your time by listing them here.

Letterman does rule, I've liked him since my dad would secretly let me watch him as a kid, but I feel pretty bad for Conan because of what they're doing to him here. He's a good comedian who I've liked since my pre-teens, and he definitely doesn't deserve treatment like this.

Almost along the same lines of NBC giving The Tonight Show to Leno instead of Letterman in the first place, except they let Conan have a small run at it first. Slap. To. The. Face. :(

jimmy fallon is about has funny has a dead baby. it's just sad and wrong. no one wants to see it. the only reason he got famous in the first place was cause tina fey wrote all his lines on snl. he's just sad

It might be that he's on late enough at night that everything is funny, but I find Fallon better than both Conan and Leno on a regular basis.

I think Conan is the funniest as a person, but he had to become unfunny for the Tonight Show. It's not so much that the Tonight Show is not funny, but it's not Conan's style at all, and making that change is not good for him.

Fallon is amazing at impressions, and the Roots are an amazing band. That's it.

I never watched Letterman. Don't really know why.

If you didn't see this coming... NBC is running their programming horribly, canning good shows and keeping the crap (Parks & Rec is still on? Go the way of Kath & Kim, please!).

The only nice thing I can say about Fallon is that he was in Band of Brothers and did very little.

I love Rashida Jones; unfortunately Parks & Rec is horrible.

NBC really fucked up big time with the Jay Leno move. They either canceled or moved their 10 pm slot which is why I watched NBC (Medium - moved networks, SVU - moved time, Life - canceled which is bullshit, ER - finally ended). I hate CSI so I don't watch CBS at 10 pm (except when the mentalist is on), Fox doesn't have a 10 pm, and I'm pretty sure I only watch Lost on ABC (yes, I've heard Modern Family is great, but I haven't caught it yet).

Also Craig Ferguson > That Asshat Jimmy Fallon any day of the week. The man has puppets.

Trippy, you liked LIfe? Good on ya. They also let Southland go, which was a hit and miss show...but better than L&O.

Unfortunately for us couch potatoes, TV is no longer produced by people who watch TV.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Trippy, you liked LIfe? Good on ya. They also let Southland go, which was a hit and miss show...but better than L&O.

I loved Life. Damian Lewis is a great actor and have enjoyed him since Band of Brothers. I also liked the idea of the Zen smartass cop who is trying to unravel the huge overarching plot. I also liked that he converted a few badass lifers to Buddhism.

I loved Sarah Shahi's ass. It was perfect and they used it as terrific fan service. And I'll watch anything with Donal Logue.

I love the shit storm finales where he tosses the controlled-Buddhist front out the window and takes matters into his own hands.

You also forgot Ted, the dejected business-related white collar criminal.

I liked Kath & Kim, I just don't like Molly Shannon. Then again, I only watched the first few episodes. The obtuse/sarcastic humor hit my funny bone, but not hard enough to keep me watching.

I am a fan of Selma Blair, and I did like that they poked fun at her lack of "assets" a few times on the show "You have your father's breasts."

But it was bad when Phil was the only likable character in the show.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle