The Stalfros Experiment (Chat Thread)

Well in everyone's defense I posted the message AFTER my birthday.

And tomorrow is Rosh Hashanah, which means I get out of work early.

StalfrosCC said:
s***, I'm Jewish tomorrow too.

Tell them your fiance is Jewish and you want to spend time with her and her family on the high holidays.

It will also get you out for Yom Kippur, Monday September 28.

Actually that reminds me of last year. I asked off for the high holidays. My boss got really pissed because I was missing *gasp* a day and a half for religious holidays. I really wanted him to say or implement something so I could have sued their asses, but alas, they pussied out.

That's lame, it's a freaking day and a half and let's face it, Trippy, you would have just spent that time playing Bejeweled in the office anyways, right?

Bretimus_v2 said:
That's lame, it's a freaking day and a half and let's face it, Trippy, you would have just spent that time playing Bejeweled in the office anyways, right?

*Closes the Bejeweled Facebook App*

...No...

Really it meant I got to leave 2 hours early instead of 1 hour late for Rosh Hashanah (my old company felt that if you didn't give them 110%, over 10 hours a day, you didn't care about the company. Coincidentally they didn't pay overtime. Guess who didn't care about the company?) and I took off for Yom Kippur.

And I reasoned with them: I felt anyone could take off for Yom Kippur, so long as they fasted for a 24 hour period like I do. There were no other takers.

The thing that made me truly hate the company: in December I passed a kidney stone. I had never passed one before, so I went to the emergency room. I called work telling them I was in the emergency room. They spent the next hour having one of my co-workers call me because the phones were out, and the phone information was in an email on my computer. The same computer that was in the office with them, and not with me in the emergency room.

Being Jewish is awesome. We get all the regular holidays, plus our own, made-up ones.

And don't complain. You like Saturday's off? You can thank us for that.

Let's just shut up and watch sport on the weekend without thought on religion :D....the way it SHOULD be.

Interesting day for my wife, I just got a call from her. My youngest son got into our bedroom while she was putting on her makeup and trashed the room. The bad news is...we can't find her wedding and engagement rings. Does anyone want a 2 year old?

On the lighter side, my friend works at a tuner shop and yesterday a guy came to pick up the S2000 they had been working on. They warned him to ease into driving it, since it might handle differently (steering, power, etc.). The guy ran it into a fire hydrant 50 yards from the shop!

Bretimus_v2 said:
Interesting day for my wife, I just got a call from her. My youngest son got into our bedroom while she was putting on her makeup and trashed the room. The bad news is...we can't find her wedding and engagement rings. Does anyone want a 2 year old?

That sucks. But just be patient, I'm sure it will turn up. And make sure he can't play with toys for a week.

Links you need to hurry up and be 23. I'm all alone in the 23 crew after my recent departure from the 22 bruddas.

MattAY said:
Links you need to hurry up and be 23. I'm all alone in the 23 crew after my recent departure from the 22 bruddas.

Enjoy it, 24 is where shit starts to fall apart, I'll tell ya what.

Found them, one was down a vent and the other was under his bed. I think he lost the wedding band on accident, but I think the engagement ring was hidden and not lost. He was pretty mad when I found it. Dad 1 - Son 0!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaminglovex