The Social Network

WickedLiquid said:
Meh, perhaps we don't see eye to eye because I never used a social networking site before Facebook. A lot of people didn't. Hell, I've never even heard of Xanga. And the only people I knew who used MySpace was to promote their band.

Regardless, Facebook brought it into the mainstream and reconnected millions of people who probably would've never seen each other again. I've gone out for drinks with some people I knew in Elementary school because of Facebook.

And if they're able to turn it into an interesting story then why not.

This. As irritating I find facebook to be (growing with each day) it did put me back in touch with old friends I never would have been able to find without it, plus depending on your career path, its another avenue to pick up work from. That's really the only two things holding me back from deleting my account though.

Ba-ba-ba-bump!

I'm seeing it cheap Tuesday, wooo! If you catch it this weekend tell me what you think.

98% on Rotten Tomatoes!! And the only negative review is by some douche who hated Inception but loved The Lottery Ticket, LOL.

Longo_2_guns said:
So it's a movie about a guy who created a website that is just like a dozen others that came before it, and will eventually be replaced by something else that allows people to be even more self absorbed than they can now, and will then fade into obscurity with its creators coasting off of it until they die. Fantastic.

applaud.gif

I'm afraid to read any further. I can't believe any other comment will hold this much truth.

But this is why America will always win. Directly because of our Hollywood machine. (don't blame me, I'm not watching)

We're making movies about Facebook in a down economy. The next country would have to produce an epic about the origin of their country just to compete with the Facebook movie. The Facebook movie will probably beat them out in gross revenue.

If you believe in your country, don't support this bullshit. If you're an American, camp out at the movie theaters.

Enjoy your commercial!

Lethean said:
Directed by David Fincher, score by Trent Reznor. Yeah, I'll likely be seeing this.

Score by Trent Reznor? I did not know this.

And there's another reason to go see it.

LinksOcarina said:
This movie is that good? Really?

Well, I haven't seen it so I can't say. But 98% on Rotten Tomatoes with 97 reviews is pretty insane. The average rating is 9.4/10 which is the highest rating so far on RT.

And yes, I'm an RT member.

If the movie is as good as everyone says it is, I wouldn't be surprised if The Social Network is the best thing that ever comes out of Facebook...I mean, if you really think about it...

GiftedMonkey said:
If the movie is as good as everyone says it is, I wouldn't be surprised if The Social Network is the best thing that ever comes out of Facebook...I mean, if you really think about it...

^This guy was right!

No, really, go see it!

Yes, yes he really was right! It was great!

5 things I learned from this movie

1. Mark Zuckerberg is both a genius and an asshole.
2. If you go to Harvard, asian girls will blow you in the bathroom stall.
3. Sean Parker (creator of Napster) is a pretenious douche
4. Trent Reznor needs to write more scores for films
5. If you're a billionare, asian girls will do blow with you in the bathroom stall

Good movie. I thought it was going to focus more on the privacy controversy but instead it was a story about betrayal.

white-noise said:
Good movie. I thought it was going to focus more on the privacy controversy but instead it was a story about betrayal.

The Privacy Controversy is the straight to DVD sequel with hidden features (aka hot naked picks of chicks that were uploaded)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle