Good bye to my childhood

kingg5

Rookie
Recently i've seen movie trailers of things i've grew up on and loved as a child, you'd think it would be a good thing, but it is not. First I heard about the smurfs movie ironically from here awhile back, I thought that it would be cool but seeing the trailer recently it really brought me down. About a week ago I seen the trailer for Rise of the planet of the apes which some of you may remember the original, after the last Planet of the Apes movie I refuse to go see this one. But the thing that made me lose the memory of my childhood is the new Conan the barbarian movie, there will only be one Conan and thats Arnold. So the point of my rant is anyone else appauled by how their childhood is being flush down the drain?

Damn dirty apes! Seriously, that movie sucked (the new one sucked, like the old version better). I don't want to see a remake of Conan. My mom (like many other females) thought Arnold was perfect with his bronze skin and muscles. Still to this day, my mom mentions Crom.

The actor they got to play the new Conan doesn't even have an accent, and is it me or did the apes from the original Rise of the planet of the apes looked better then the new digitally animated ones?

I try not to let nostalgia dictate the way I look at things. That said, these movies are going to be bad because they're shitty movies.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes has promise. It has some good actors and could turn out to be alright.

The smurfs has about zero appeal to me and no promise whatsoever. I never cared about the smurfs though.

Conan will probably be bad, because they made the idiot move of casting Jason Momoa and then giving him lines in English. He's great on game of thrones because he 1) doesn't talk much, and 2) doesn't speak much english. He's bad on Stargate Atlantis because he tried to act. Jason Momoa and acting do not mix.

Arnold was great as Conan, but he had what, like 1 line in the whole movie? He doesn't talk at all. So the "Arnold Accent" doesn't matter anyways. I will always appreciate that movie for the music mostly though. I mean, if you think about it, and watch it again, it is PRETTY terrible.

Hate all you want, the new Winnie the Pooh looks like a return to what made it great (none of this Piglet, Tigger or Heffalump garbage) and the new Muppet movie looks equally awesome. So there.

Muppet movie with Jason Segal and Amy Adams. It had a promo before Cars 2. Muppet Treasure Island is amaaaaaaazing.

The smurfs suck anyway, I'm ok with that.

But Conan hurts. Arnie should ban it in Cali

i love remakes. i do not think my childhood is being flushed down the toilet at all haha.. overly dramatic much?

dont watch smurfs, i wont. its so obviously terrible. a CGI smurfs set in smurf land would be so much better, why do these things always have to be in the city living with someone else. so terrible.

i watched the original conan the other day.. still had arnold. and i heard after the new one is released, you will still be able to buy the old copy with arnold in it. shocking, i know.

if you don't like it, don't watch it. i dont get how your childhood is being flushed down the drain :p theyre just making new versions for new childhoods.

planet of the apes has already been ruined so i don't know why it's in the topic XD

Bretimus_v2 said:
Hate all you want, the new Winnie the Pooh looks like a return to what made it great (none of this Piglet, Tigger or Heffalump garbage) and the new Muppet movie looks equally awesome. So there.

this.

you've just picked movies that are likely to or guaranteed to flop. a lot of great remakes have been made, often as good if not better than the original.

But but but... What about tintin?

And about the smurf, seeing as my family was a smurf fan since the 1950's, i think my childhood was destroyed enough with the Hanna-Barbera cartoons of the lat 80's. Can't get any worst.
Just saying...

MattAY said:
But Conan hurts. Arnie should ban it in Cali
This

^
Some stupid French cartoon... I think...

Hey at least Hollywood hasn't remade The Goonies yet. Oh man, it'll be a sad day when that happens.

WickedLiquid said:
^
Some stupid French cartoon... I think...
195739_215652295122766_1416085_n.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod