Good bye to my childhood

Lien said:
And about the smurf, seeing as my family were smurfs since the 1950's, i think my childhood was destroyed enough with the Hanna-Barbera cartoons of the lat 80's. Can't get any worst.
Just saying...

fixed.

The Smurfs have never been a part of my life. The only smurfs I'd ever seen was in Hebrew, and I didn't understand it, so I let it go be foreign and weird

Yogi bear had me in tears. Yes its true there are some great remakes. I enjoyed the new clash of the titans even though they left alot out.

Tintin is the shit. I thought every American read them! I've got ten or so of his books in my room, meaning I have ten or so racially insensitive, violent, and foreign comics that I've been reading since I was 8. I feel sorry for the rest of you!

keepithowitis said:
Tintin is the s***. I thought every American read them! I've got ten or so of his books in my room, meaning I have ten or so racially insensitive, violent, and foreign comics that I've been reading since I was 8. I feel sorry for the rest of you!
I find that very offensive we're not all racist even though we did create the KKK.

De-Ting said:
NickKmet said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
What is Tintin?

Your childhood must have been sad and lonely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Tintin
Oooooh. We have something like that in America. It's called Peanuts. >_>
Fun fact: the three most read and translated comic book of all times (I.E in the world NOT U.S) Are number 3: Tintin, Number 2: Asterix and number 1: peanuts. Each holding a straight record in the Guinness world records by a margin of a couple of millions sold

And i think i must of seen the trailer like 100 times this week... God I'm excited

kingg5 said:
keepithowitis said:
Tintin is the s***. I thought every American read them! I've got ten or so of his books in my room, meaning I have ten or so racially insensitive, violent, and foreign comics that I've been reading since I was 8. I feel sorry for the rest of you!
I find that very offensive we're not all racist even though we did create the KKK.
I was saying the comic was racist, not that we are. I mean, argue with me if you want, but: (excerpt from the book Tintin in the Congo)

news-graphics-2007-_640161a.jpg

keepithowitis said:
kingg5 said:
keepithowitis said:
I was saying the comic was racist, not that we are. I mean, argue with me if you want, but: (excerpt from the book Tintin in the Congo)

news-graphics-2007-_640161a.jpg
I know what you were saying but lets face it there is alot of racism and steriotyping in America. Either way not argueing with you ,but I really got to check out Tintin.

Gotta agree with Longo and intotherain here. These movies are going to suck because they are poorly made. Not implicitly because they are tied to things you liked in your childhood. Besides, for every terrible thing that poorly represents or butchers one of these media childhood staples, there's a project that elegantly recaptures a different one. You just have to avoid the obviously shitty stuff.

Plus, you can just avoid it. Nobody is forcing you to watch Yogi Bear 3D.

WickedLiquid said:
NickKmet said:
[yeah, except peanuts sucks.

Wait what?

NickKmet said:
peanuts sucks.

Are you for real?

NickKmet said:

NickKmet said:

I...I... need a hug

snoopyhuggingwoodstock.jpg

ah that's better

:D

Yep, I'm for real. I will admit, I did watch the cartoon movies as a child, and those aren't that bad. The comic itself though? It's not funny. It's not even cute to me anymore.

Anyone else seen the depressing Peanuts comics where they cut the last panel out and it's just the most harrowing, heart wrenching shit ever? Let me see....

tumblr_lnbtptiCHw1qisuj3o1_500.png

tumblr_ln0kxjvGwB1qisuj3o1_500.png

tumblr_lmneu75qmb1qisuj3o1_500.png

tumblr_lmner9F5jL1qisuj3o1_r1_500.png

tumblr_lmga41r5221qisuj3o1_500.png

tumblr_lnbttgaxzM1qisuj3o1_500.png

tumblr_lokltbsPb01qisuj3o1_500.png

danielrbischoff said:
Anyone else seen the depressing Peanuts comics where they cut the last panel out and it's just the most harrowing, heart wrenching s*** ever? Let me see...
How about the one where they remove snoopy and shows how philosophical and insane the kids are.
4286088031_f1b731be60_o.jpg

4220527054_dbcb09c03e_o.jpg

4164691037_50c1de9c23_o.jpg

4165442504_995d2e1e99_o.jpg

3372026298_8fcabb54e9_o.gif

3631522032_af09e19db0_o.gif

3794847851_e3b585b9cd_o.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members