Good bye to my childhood

^Those are awesome! I didn't know people were doing that to the Peanuts comics, too.

http://garfieldminusgarfield.net/

tumblr_ll3alqD4lf1qz8z2ro1_r1_500.png

tumblr_lgq42lLv5f1qz8z2ro1_500.png

Just seen the Fright Night remake trailer. It doesn't look as terrible as some named, it actually looks like the best remake this summer.

kingg5 said:
Sorry to bring this dead topic back but... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjErC2JLQc&ob=av3e

I saw that too and about shit a brick. The Thing is an old favorite, one of my favorite Carpenter movies, and that is saying something, considering Carpenter has directed soooo many great films.

But it is a movie that could do with a really good remake. Not a bad one, but a good one. I'll be seeing this for sure.

Please though, for the love of me, do not remake They Live. Just leave it alone, its fine. It doesn't need to be molested by some Hollywood weirdo.

Won't be the same without Kurt Russel. They turned it from a sausage fest in anartica which made the thing, the thing.

It's actually not a direct remake. It's supposed to be a prequel, telling what happened at the Swedish/Norwegian (I can't remember which) camp from which the Thing originated from.

NickKmet said:
It's actually not a direct remake. It's supposed to be a prequel, telling what happened at the Swedish/Norwegian (I can't remember which) camp from which the Thing originated from.
Prequels suck. I hate prequels. Almost always prequels are just cash in's. Most of the time they add nothing to the series, and don’t even bother to follow the cannon of what they are supposed to precede.

tinymhg said:
NickKmet said:
Prequels suck. I hate prequels. Almost always prequels are just cash in's. Most of the time they add nothing to the series, and don’t even bother to follow the cannon of what they are supposed to precede.

Sometimes that's not the case, but I'm not feeling too good about this one. I think you're probably right. It will suck. Especially since I'm fairly certain Carpenter has nothing to do with it.

NickKmet said:
StickyGreenGamer said:
used44 said:
Is it okay that I actually think this looks kinda ok?

Yes, cause I do as well. I saw a commercial on TV earlier, didn't look half bad.

That's what I thought when the silver surfer trailer came out.....

Even if it looked bad...

I watched The Thing a ton when I was younger. Used to watch it when my dad would put it on, now I'll put it on myself. I loved the video game for PS2 (err, was it on the XBox, I forget), good fun, don't think I ever beat it though. Made it to some kind of hangar.

I feel obligated to go see this in the theater. Besides, the last film I saw in the theaters was Transformers 3 (IMAX 3D baby!), but my nephew got sick off his Icee and had to puke halfway through. Then I had to take him home. With out seeing the whole movie.

There was $40 down the tube. Next time I make his sick ass sit back down.

StickyGreenGamer said:
NickKmet said:
StickyGreenGamer said:
used44 said:

Yes, cause I do as well. I saw a commercial on TV earlier, didn't look half bad.

Even if it looked bad...

I watched The Thing a ton when I was younger. Used to watch it when my dad would put it on, now I'll put it on myself. I loved the video game for PS2 (err, was it on the XBox, I forget), good fun, don't think I ever beat it though. Made it to some kind of hangar.

I feel obligated to go see this in the theater. Besides, the last film I saw in the theaters was Transformers 3 (IMAX 3D baby!), but my nephew got sick off his Icee and had to puke halfway through. Then I had to take him home. With out seeing the whole movie.

Where the hell you live that it costs 40 bones to see a movie?

kingg5 said:
StickyGreenGamer said:
NickKmet said:
StickyGreenGamer said:
used44 said:

Even if it looked bad...

Where the hell you live that it costs 40 bones to see a movie?

In Canada, at least, general admittance for IMAX 3D is... $17.99, or $18.99. So there's that. At least, here it is. There's only one chain of theaters in the part of Canada I live in, so there's pretty much a monopoly for the company. They could charge almost anything, basically.

I'll start by saying I'm a huge Clive Barker fan. I love his books, loved some of the movies that have sprung from them. The original Hellraiser is a top-3 horror favorite of mine. I had to hold my breath a few years back when I heard they were remaking it. Then it slipped into development hell, and I just lost track of it.

Imagine my surprise when flipping through the OnDemand list and I came across it. Straight to video, doesn't bode well. Anyone seen it yet? Should I avoid this atrocity?

StickyGreenGamer said:
I'll start by saying I'm a huge Clive Barker fan. I love his books, loved some of the movies that have sprung from them. The original Hellraiser is a top-3 horror favorite of mine. I had to hold my breath a few years back when I heard they were remaking it. Then it slipped into development hell, and I just lost track of it.

Imagine my surprise when flipping through the OnDemand list and I came across it. Straight to video, doesn't bode well. Anyone seen it yet? Should I avoid this atrocity?

As far as a straight remake, hasn't been done yet. There was a whole bunch of sequels. Don't know if they're any good. From wikipedia:

Dimension Films' remake of Hellraiser was announced in November 2006.[10] On October 20, 2010, it was officially announced that Patrick Lussier and Todd Farmer will be directing and writing, respectively, the reboot of the Hellraiser franchise. The film's story will differ from the original film, as Lussier and Farmer did not want to retell the original story out of respect for Clive Barker's work. The film will instead focus on the world and function of the puzzle box. Production will begin in either late 2011 or sometime in 2012 with a 2013 release date. Clive Barker will serve as producer on the project.[11]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle