Skyline

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by WickedLiquid, Oct 28, 2010.

1. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rtqUy34Tjk

I have mixed feelings about this movie. It looks cool but at the same time I'm sick of aliens. Alien invasion movies have been done to death, it's about as original as the "it was all a dream" ending.

Last year there were some good alien movies like District 9 where the aliens were stranded or Avatar where the humans were the invaders. But this looks like more of the same.

Your thoughts?

2. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

War of the Worls minus the Tom Cruise, but cooler looking aliens. I'll pass.

3. Trippysmurf

Trippysmurf Rookie

Don't forget Battle: LA is coming out in a few months with the same plot.

4. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Haha, this looks like a good popcorn movie.

The acting looks God awful! And the only reason I actually want to see it is because Turk from Scrubs is in it, and I will be rooting for that black man to live!

But I'm intruiged by how the hell this will end. Because the humans got absolutely demolished. I wonder if it will end in the aliens taking over the earth. Or will Jeff Goldblum find a virus again? Perhaps Mel Gibson will find out they're weak against water? MAYBE Morgan Freeman will tell us they all of a sudden died due to bacteria?

I personally hope it's a gory and probing sad ending, involving a new alien president.