Scott Pilgrim VS The Expendables

WickedLiquid

Regular
Both are opening this weekend and I think both look pretty damn cool in their own way so which one should I see?

Or which would you rather see?

We already talked about The Expendables earlier and I think it looks awesome despite the fact Jean Claude Van Damme is a no show.

I thought at first Scott Pilgrim VS The World was a chick flick but after seeing a newer trailer there looks like there is a lot of nice action done in a graphic novel style. Plus I think Edgar Wright is a pretty funny writer/director.

I dunno, they both look good...

Expendables has a 45% rating so far at Rotten Tomatoes and Scott Pilgrim has a 75% in case anyone else cares about that crap like I do, :)

If you watch Scott Pilgrim, you may as well get thick framed glasses, a fedora, a mac, and a messenger bag with buttons of bands who "are totally amazing but you probably haven't heard of them."

And the Expendables doesn't look that great.

So either way, you lose.

Longo_2_guns said:
If you watch Scott Pilgrim, you may as well get thick framed glasses, a fedora, a mac, and a messenger bag with buttons of bands who "are totally amazing but you probably haven't heard of them."

lol, are you high? Or perhaps I just don't know anything about what this movie is based off of. I'm pretty sure it's based off a graphic novel, yesh?

The Expendables looks God awful.

Scott Pilgrim looks ace, I will be seeing that!

They are both 'cheap seat movies', not worth the $10.50 a ticket. I like Cera as an actor, he has that goofy serious humor which can be funny as hell but that's all I've seen him do. It's always about a girl, but with a different problem ... and I won't even start on Year One *shiver*. It won't be the shittiest movie ever to be produced though.

I'll see The Expendables in cheap seats for sure, simply because the explosions and action look better on the big screen.

But .. if you really wanna see a movie and pay full price, I'd go with Scott Pilgrim over The Expendables.

Scott Pilgrim is one of the crappiest characters out there. But the movie looks really stylish.

But the Expendables looks bad, in the so bad it's good type of range.

I think id rather see Inception again.

I wanna eventually see them both but since The Expendables has been called the offspring of testosterone mating with an explosion, and a mangasm I think I'll be seeing that one first. I mean come on, tons of action stars in the same movie?! AWESOME!

Scott Pilgram was an awesome graphic novel series, and that's coming from a guy who hates hipsters more than anything in the world. Seriously, I really fucking hate them.

It was a really fun series, filled with Toronto references (which is cool for me and Wicked) as well as PLENTY of music and a few video game references.

The con of this movie is Michael Cera, who sucks. However, Mary Elizabeth Winstead is insanely hot, so I guess that balances out. I guess.

The Expendables looks awesome. It's a movie concieved by an action star for action stars. Dolph Lundgren is in it. DOLPH IS BACK!!!! It's going to be awesome.

Jason Schwartzman is cast perfectly. Fuck, everyone in that movie is cast perfectly. I'm fully pumped for the movie. Here's hoping Scott Pilgrim doesn't suck.

And The Expendables looks like a B movie... with A list actors...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle