Scott Pilgrim VS The Expendables

Green_Lantern said:
Since box office sales = a good movie...

Of course Scott Pilgrim isn't going to be as big of a hit as The Expendables or Eat Pray Love....It's marketed towards a much smaller market than the other two.

I know, I just strongly dislike Julia Roberts

Well... it looks like Edgar Wright has another cult hit in the making...

Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. My only big gripe is the final fight seemed waaaay rushed.

Longo_2_guns said:
Trippysmurf said:
I seem to recall you generalizing everyone who smokes pot based on some dumbass high school kids you know who also happen to smoke pot.
Not really. I think you think that, though, because I did generalize YOU into that group. But that's a topic for another time.

I need to remind myself to stop having arguments with high schoolers over the internet.

You guys need to let that 420 debate die. Just sayin'

And like I said in the other thread (why the fuck are their two?) Scott Pilgrim was awesome. If liking Smashing Pumpkins, Seinfield and Nintendo makes someone a hipster then I guess sign me up.

i've managed to avoid anything scott pilgrim. the more i hear about it, the more i want to avoid it. i hate hype. that being said, the plot of it sounds lame. "beat up my exes and i'll do you" pathetic...

expendables has a much better plot. go beat yhe shit out of a third world country for fun and profit. hell yeah!

come to think of it.. both have a suck ass plot. but you know what? i'd still rather see the expendables.

also, pot smokers are idiots. that is all.

Saw The Expendables. It sucked. Scott Pilgrim was better.

I had a lot of hope for The Expendables, but its about a team of characters who have no defining character traits. The only good actor was Mickey Rourke; I did like the Arnold/Bruce/Sly scene, but it was like a minute long.

The fights in Scott Pilgrim were better. And that includes the Jet Li fights.

Saw Expendables, it was really good. Luckily I'm a Jason Statham fan because he got one of the funniest lines involving a basketball LOL. I'm also a Jet Li fan and was disappointed with how he was treated in the movie. But I guess they all couldn't kick an equal amount of ass.

I agree with BlackStar, the cameos would've been a million times better if they were a surprise. Simply because they were so short. I guess they just wanted to sucker in more people by showing us Arnie and Willis. But just imagine how awesome that minute would've been if you didn't know...

Would Bill Murray in Zombieland have been awesome if it wasn't a huge surprise? Ummm, maybe. But not THAT awesome!!!

And I partially agree with Trippy: Expendables didn't suck but overall Scott Pilgrim was the better film. Great mix of action, comedy and romance. I definitely had more fun with Scott Pilgrim.

Scott Pilgrim!!!

You cannot be here and say that you are honestly going to dislike a movie that stole that much of Zelda's sound FX and music. Just sayin'. I really enjoyed this movie and as has been said before the fights were fantastic, the comedy both subdued and over-the-top. Really liked it. I had only read through the first two books and never got around to the rest. I'm just wondering what's going to get added to the tale in book 7 that wasn't in the movie.

Favorite line was "We are Sex Bob-Omb! We're Here to Make You Think About Death and Get Sad and Stuff!"
Favorite X: Todd

In the comic I hated Todd. He was an egotistical schmuck that was cheating on Envy and also a complete moron.

Roxy was a (jealous) bitch, but so is every female in the comic aside from Lisa and Stacey.

The Twins were the most boring both in the comic and the movie. They felt like filler.

My favorite in the comic was Lucas Lee. He actually isn't a bad guy. Sure he's a sellout, but he actually has a pleasant conversation with Scott and actually doesn't want to fight him until Scott calls him out on being a sellout. You also learn that he got dumped by Ramona so she could date Todd.

Agreed they definitely rewrote a lot of the fights to fit the timing issues that go along with the book --> movie metamorphosis. LL is a great character in the book, but they kinda just mashed him and Todd into the same mold. Anyways just finished book 3 and it's cool to see the extended plot lines of Knives and Envy. There is definietly a lot more to Scott Pilgrim than the movie could possibly hope to expound on. Makes me wish they broke it into two parts.

Bretimus_v2 said:
There is definietly a lot more to Scott Pilgrim than the movie could possibly hope to expound on. Makes me wish they broke it into two parts.

This, oh god this.

They really couldn't have split it into two movies, but for fans, it would have been nice to have gotten a more detailed look at Scott's relationships with Kim (Volume 2) and Envy (Volume 3), as well as shown that the rest of Sex Bob-omb are more than just background characters.

Also, you're in for a real treat. My friends and I all agree Volume 4 is the best Volume in the series.

This thread is making me want to start a comicbook club, like a book club only with pictures. For me it's just a matter of getting my hands on them.

Okay guys, you've convinced me to pick up the series and give it a read. I'm also joining your club Bret if this is going to be the first comic of discussion!

I've decided to watch The Expendables instead of Scott Pilgrim. And it didn't failed me. It was awesome! It was everything you want in a movie!

LinksOcarina said:
I still saw inception instead....

I guess I am not an machismo action man or a hipster twenty-something anymore :(.

Like I previously said. If being a hipster means enjoying Smashing Pumpkins, Seinfield and Zelda then I'm the biggest hipster there is.

Wes, that's it. Next pic of you should be while wearing a Zero T-shirt with a courier bag over your shoulder.

Growing up, my mom was a seamstress and she sewed me an X-Men patch one year. I teared up a bit when I saw the X-Men patch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle