The Brutal Legend Demo....

All I can say is that I was really, really impressed by it.

I can understand how it may look graphically inferior to most games out there now, but frankly in the grand scope of things, that doesn't matter. The demo was pretty funny, the controls worked real well, blending a mix of hack and slash with zelda, and what they showed in the game so far was artistically awesome. Even the driving section I enjoyed, which I didn't think I would.

I really, really hope you all pre-order it. It looks awesome and plays awesome in it's own awesome way.

I didn't know this demo was up, and I will be downloading it either tonight or tomorrow.

I can't wait for this game. A huge incentive for buying a PS3 for me.

Isn't the purpose of a demo to encourage more pre-orders and sales? I think making people pay to put down a pre-order just to play the demo should only be done by established IPs.

used44 said:
Isn't the purpose of a demo to encourage more pre-orders and sales? I think making people pay to put down a pre-order just to play the demo should only be done by established IPs.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. It's just a lame cash grab by companies like Gamestop/EB, Best Buy and the like...And of course the publisher of the game.

Lethean said:
used44 said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this. It's just a lame cash grab by companies like Gamestop/EB, Best Buy and the like...And of course the publisher of the game.

You do realize the game demo will be out this week right? The week early was the reward for pre-ordering it.

So if you didn't pre-order it, download the demo this week. And enjoy.

LinksOcarina said:
Lethean said:
used44 said:

You do realize the game demo will be out this week right? The week early was the reward for pre-ordering it.

You do realize that while this is true it doesn't mean it still isn't a cash grab technique right?

Some call it "reward" others call it cash grab. I'll stick with cash grab.

LinksOcarina said:
Lethean said:
used44 said:

oh, nice. So that makes the demo "bonus" even more pointless.

Rakon said:
I didn't know this demo was up, and I will be downloading it either tonight or tomorrow.

Isn't it on the Xbox too?

I have been hiding my eyes to all of the info on this game for a while now. I haven't seen any videos, cutscenes, secrets, or even trailers. I've been pretty good about it. I finally downloaded the demo and played it twice. I must say it's the funniest game I've played in years. The demo propelled it to a must buy for me.

I'm the same. I've heard nothing about it. But now that you've said that, used. I'm going to have to try the demo.

CUUURRRSSEEEESSS

TheDiesel said:
miak757 said:
Rakon said:

Isn't it on the Xbox too?
It is. :?

I realize it's for Xbox as well, but I didn't make the transition to current-gen until this month, because I was waiting until it was actually worth it. This game will help that cause.

Brutal Legend is brutal fun!

Sorry I had to.

Really though, this game is awesome. Badass and awesome. Awesomely badass. You get the idea.

In the other copycat topic that Lethean went power-mad and closed, someone mentioned a nod to Psychonauts in the opening video. What was it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle