Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Demo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_Craig

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hi guys. Just thought I'd throw up a thread about the demo of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, which just came out yesterday for PS3 and X-Box 360 via download. I'm just curious to know everyone's thoughts on the demo (more importantly the game) so far, if they've played it that is.

So I got the demo for the PS3, and so far, let's see.

-The game looks pretty damn good. The graphics are pretty cool. Some of Starkiller's (the Apprentice's) animations look somewhat sketchy though.

-The basic combat is pretty good. I like how you can sort of.. mix and match combos, to combine lightsaber strikes with Force Push and Force Lightning to different degrees and stuff.

-I'm kind of disappointed that Force Lightning doesn't necessarily kill, it just stuns.. but this could perhaps be changed by the fact that in SW: TFU you "level up", perhaps at higher levels Force Lightning will become more lethal to enemies? The use of Force Push itself is pretty fun too.

-Force Grip takes some getting used to, and seems to be the primary Force power focus. Pick up enemies, launch them across the room, down onto the ground.. it's cool how you can use Lightning on guys up in the air.

-The physics is pretty cool and I like how a lot of objects are destructable and useable against enemies.

-The targeting system at the moment feels a bit.. off. And it can be quite difficult to target the right object to pick up, say.. a TIE Fighter, instead of a small crate or something, you know?

-The camera can be a little annoying too, it seems too sensitive and I'm not sure if such sensitivity can be adjusted in the options mode. It might do (I may of not seen it), or it could be added?

Anyway. Personally, I found The Force Unleashed demo to be a very enjoyable experience. Despite it being a demo it honestly felt very "fresh" and different. The combat system itself is easy to get into and is quite fun, and playing with the Force powers and absolutely owning people is great fun. I do look forward to the release of the actual game but.. I pray that it isn't a short game.

For some reason, I honestly think the Wii version will be very dodgy - and this comes from someone who owns a Wii and is very supportive of Nintendo (I have a PS3, PC and Wii).

Your thoughts?

Yes, please refer to the other, older, topic. I'll update the title to make it less vague.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo