Left 4 Dead Demo

So yeah...I played it extensively today, and I have to say I am impressed by it.

It has the frantic pace of the Zach Snyder Zombie movies with some good gun combat mechanics. It also is really well balanced, the uber zombies are smart and do a good job at adding an X-factor to the entire game.

That being said, I feel like the survivors are all just a skin of each other, and statistics between them would of been nice. I also hated the A.I of the Zombies and survivors, because it is really stupid, at least in single player and on the lower difficulties.

So, anyone want to join me in the demo levels? We have two short ones we can play and they are pretty fun.

I only played the demo a little bit today, but the game looks like it's going to be awesome.

There was one little thing though. I don't know if it was the level I was playing or what but when I was playing it was like... quiet quiet quiet quiet CRAZY!! quiet quiet quiet quiet quiet CRAAAZZZYYY!! Was it like that for everyone who played it or was it just me? :(

I'm downloading it ATM and it will be ready to play when I get out of school! Now is the time I wish I didn't have to wait around for a class that starts at 3.

LinksOcarina said:
That being said, I feel like the survivors are all just a skin of each other, and statistics between them would of been nice.
I have to disagree with that, there's already enough reason for people to argue in the lobby about having to play certain characters. If we have to throw in "HA they should've given the black guy + 15% speed movement," or "I don't like playing as the chick, she has less health," than I may be forced to exclusively play with friends.

The A.I. is okay, but the only real way to play is with other people, although some of them are a lot worse. Survivor AI is hardly the best, but you don't have to coax them to follow you down the right path in the tunnel.

"Hey PlayerX it's this way, this way, yeah that's it, this way. Towards the blue outlines. There you go."
tigerlily521985 said:
There was one little thing though. I don't know if it was the level I was playing or what but when I was playing it was like... quiet quiet quiet quiet CRAZY!! quiet quiet quiet quiet quiet CRAAAZZZYYY!! Was it like that for everyone who played it or was it just me? :(
"3 zombies, 4 zombies, no zombies, HOLY SHIT 100 ZOMBIES!"

Good stuff.

Well, the number of zombies depends on how your team is doing. If you're sucking, the number of zombies is brought down with the exception of the occasional group of rampaging zombies come at you.

Right now the demo kinda sucks for me now, that is the people playing it. Been playing the demo a week before because my roommate preordered it and was playing on expert with a lot of groups, now back down to normal.

I have played it twice as I been quite busy!

Seems like a lot of fun but I wonder has it got good replay value ? I mean once you are finished all the levels on all difficulties what are you supposed to do? Shooting the same zombies all day seems a bit tiresome to me, but then again I havent tried the 'director mode' (is it even in the demo?) which is advertised as offering a different experience each time.

Someone please be my steam buddy? cause I have none lol would love to be steam friends with some people from here!

steam account: carl_ie

Played this today for the first time. Played with my brother and 2 of his friends online on expert...way to get thrown into the game...

We played 3 games in a row (we kept dying, go figure) and each time was TOTALLY different. Different times of being rushed, different boss enemies. Different layout of weapons. We even noticed that some of the level was different (hole was boarded up where it normally wasn't).

Some funny things we found:

- 2 zombies in a closet fighting each other
- 60 zombies having an orgy in a bathroom
- Me being a human pinata...
- A smoker dragging a survivor through the fire, catching him on fire, a hunter jumping on him, catching the hunter on fire, then the hunter jumping away leaving a flaming trail, catching the rest of us on fire...

I can't wait til the full game to be able to play as the boss zombies :D

The game is definitely hectic, i downloaded the demo last night and had a few rounds online. Totally insane. I dont understand how anyone can play this on console, i'd be so hard just trying to aim properly.

Btw, the blood looks INSANE!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod