Scott Pilgrim VS The Expendables

NickKmet said:
Go see The Other Guys instead. Or Inception if you haven't seen that yet.

Went to see The Other Guys tonight for cheap Tuesday. But it was sold out so we saw Inception. For me it was for the third time LOL.

Unfortunately, the audience sucked balls since we were in the ghetto theatre. Some "thugs" didn't understand it so they kept yelling how much it sucked because it made no sense. I yelled out "you're a fucking retard" and people laughed but that only made him louder later on right at the end.

Scott Pilgrim: Own all the comics, looking forward to it, but will save it for later. As for the hipster label, remember its Longo saying this, the man who judges books by covers, and judges them wrong.

However, Mary Elizabeth Winstead is insanely hot, so I guess that balances out.

Agreed. I want to watch Sky High again. Also Anne Kendrick is in it as Stacy, the best girl in the series.

The Expendables: So manly you'll enter clean shaven and leave with a beard. If you are expecting life changing acting you are seeing the wrong movie. If you want to see a bunch of action stars kill people, this is your thing.

The Expendables will put hair on the chests of 3 year-olds it's so manly. It couldn't be any manlier if Maddox had written it back in the day

MattAY said:
Scott Pilgrim looks God awful.
The Expendables looks ace, I will be seeing that!

I agree with MattAY here. I'm planning on seeing the midnight show of the Expendables.

Ah thanks man....you know I love having the same opinion as Lethe-......HEY!

FUCK YOU PAL!!

Trippysmurf said:
Scott Pilgrim: Own all the comics, looking forward to it, but will save it for later. As for the hipster label, remember its Longo saying this, the man who judges books by covers, and judges them wrong.
I'm actually kind of curious if you have any real evidence to back this up. Because I do.

They could've done a lot worse than Michael Cera. Personally, I think that the cast as a whole is surprisingly good for this movie. I'm more excited to see Chris "Human Torch" in this than in Captain America. And did I mention Jason Schwartzman (I've loved him since Rushmore)? Seriously. Good casting.

My current need-to-see list has grown: The Other Guys, Scott Pilgrim, Expendables, A-Team, Despicable Me, Karate Kid.

Expendable fans stop fooling yourselves. Scott Pilgrim was made for guys like us. Expendables was made for jocks who used to stuff kids in lockers. I was never stuffed in a locker because I'm a giant but you get the idea.

And I actually know nothing about the movies. I just get the idea from the trailers that one is an action movie for nerds while the other is an action movie for jocks.

Also I think I'm the only one who likes Jessie Eisenberg. Maybe that's because I really really liked Zombieland and Adventureland.

I thought Jessie was great in Zombieland, and I donno that many people who actually liked Adventureland .. but I was one of them.

I like Jesse Eisenberg. He's great at the nerdy guy that you love to root for, and we'll actually get to see him evolve as an actor in Social Network (which looks great). Michael Cera however, has had MUCH more time to broaden his acting range, yet has not.

Superbad is one of my favourite movies, and he was perfection in that. But I've had quite enough of him. If he bulked up and was in The Expendables 2, THEN I'd like him.

I guess my point is: I find Mary Elizabeth Winstead very attractive.

Daddio said:
I donno that many people who actually liked Adventureland .. but I was one of them.

I worked as a Carney one summer vacation in between years at high school so I really enjoyed it.

Wes said:
Expendable fans stop fooling yourselves. Scott Pilgrim was made for guys like us. Expendables was made for jocks who used to stuff kids in lockers.

Not really. It was made for people who love films like Predator, Terminator, Rocky, Rambo, Total Recall, Die Hard...You know, old school action flicks full of one liners and explosions. Except unlike the fakers of the past few years, this one is full of tough guys and beefcakes. The perfect recipe for mindless, indulgent fun.

I'd rather see The Expendables. There's nothing better than a bunch of hardcore Americans blowing the fuck out of a country nobody can pronounce.

Scott Pilgrim looks fun but the idea that a bunch of guys are fighting over a jaded girl who (from the trailers) looks like she's not even interested in him is lame. "Twilight" lame.

I've made a decision.

This weekend I'm seeing....... both....

But I'm seeing Scott Pilgrim first, I even made an avatar character.

jokester.jpg

I'm actually fat but you couldn't choose your body type, lol. And I only did that because it's on YouTube's homepage and I'm bored :)

The Expendables might be tough but I'd like to see them take on my guy who has a baseball bat on fire that stabs people!!!

BlackStar said:
I'd rather see The Expendables. There's nothing better than a bunch of hardcore Americans blowing the fuck out of a country nobody can pronounce.

Li, Statham, Lundren...

Lethean said:
Wes said:
Expendable fans stop fooling yourselves. Scott Pilgrim was made for guys like us. Expendables was made for jocks who used to stuff kids in lockers.

Not really. It was made for people who love films like Predator, Terminator, Rocky, Rambo, Total Recall, Die Hard...You know, old school action flicks full of one liners and explosions. Except unlike the fakers of the past few years, this one is full of tough guys and beefcakes. The perfect recipe for mindless, indulgent fun.

pretty much this. I miss those days where action movies didnt give a shit about ratings. Die hard 4 can die in a fire.

lokness said:
BlackStar said:

Li, Statham, Lundren...

Schwarzenegger
Willis
Stallone
Couture
Austin
Rourke

Also I saw them make fun of Li in the trailer for being Asian. Plus Statham is British who is alligned with the US in the war on terror.

This movie is made for Americans by Americans. And if you don't like it you can GIT OUT!

Longo_2_guns said:
Trippysmurf said:
I'm actually kind of curious if you have any real evidence to back this up. Because I do.

Well I could cite your skewed assumptions in regards to marijuana usage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod