Scott Pilgrim VS the GR Forum

Lien

Rookie
Well, we already have a Scott Pilgrim VS The expendable topic on which film is the best...
20100805-scott_pilgrim_vs_the_world.jpg

But no Scott Pilgrim VS the world topic on it's own! :D Did i say i love the moderators here? (Keep reaching for that rainbow!) Any way...
staring: Michael Cera and Mary Elizabeth Winstead

Just seen it this morning, it rocked my world! Awesome music, Humor that Us and only us would understand, Awesome guest stars and hipsters, a whoooole bunch of them.
I've only read one book though, the one with the vegan. So i don't know if it followed the book completely but in the end, total satisfaction my friend. Bring your girlfriend! She already made you suffer with twilight!

Im so excited about this its making me shake. Ive neverbeen this excited for a filmin a while to be honest!

Dude! Don't you dare deviate discussions you dastardly demented disrespectful little devil!

My avatar still kicks that posters ass
jokester.jpg

Seriously, I want that weapon :twisted:

I'm seeing this tonight, going to see Expendables tomorrow! Double Bill!!

Okay so this topic better have more substance than the other Scott Pilgrim one and more actual text to image ratio in order for it to stay open.

I made a post in the other thread, but this was actually one of the few movies I was excited to see. Its cool seeing something you care about on the big screen. That's how I felt when I went to see Transformers (than I went back home and watched the superior 1986 movie).

Anyone watching Scott Pilgrim VS The Animation or playing Scott Pilgrim VS The Game?

WickedLiquid said:
Dude! Don't you dare deviate discussions you dastardly demented disrespectful little devil!
I hope you don't think talking like that makes you sound intelligent, because it doesn't.

As for the movie, I don't know why so many people are so excited for this turd. I took a shit the other day and looked down in the toilet and there was Scott Pilgrim himself. He seriously fell out of my butt. Enjoy!

Seriously though, while I think it looks incredibly lame, I would still see it for free just to give it a chance.

Guan_Yu said:
WickedLiquid said:
I hope you don't think talking like that makes you sound intelligent, because it doesn't.

I was kidding... wow. What is it with some of you people being so miserable? :?

I wasn't looking forward to this at all (didn't even know about the comics), thought the trailer looked meh, didn't like how it was so outwardly targeting me and my kind, but then I realized Edgar Wright directed it, so I'll totally give it a chance.

Probably not in theaters though.

She had 7 boyfriends, one set of them were twins and NONE OF THEM WERE BLACK? WTF!

the movie is awesome -btw.

i'm sorry, scott pilgrim? something made by a canadian ? popular? wtf... what is wrong with us americans? first nickleback and now this? damn you canadians. stop forcing yourselves on us. thats americas job!

UrbanMasque said:
She had 7 boyfriends, one set of them were twins and NONE OF THEM WERE BLACK? WTF!

I just realized the only black character in the series is Scott's boss at the vegetarian restaurant.

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
i'm sorry, scott pilgrim? something made by a canadian ? popular? wtf... what is wrong with us americans? first nickleback and now this? damn you canadians. stop forcing yourselves on us. thats americas job!

I know you're kidding but do you have any idea how many Hollywood movies are filmed in Canada? I don't even live in Toronto and I could recognize it when I saw The Hulk (Edward Norton reboot). The only difference between this and all the others is they actually say the movie takes place there.

I got to see this last night and it was great. Any movie that proudly uses music from Zelda as part of it's soundtrack is a good movie in my books.

UrbanMasque said:

Does Asian count? there was that one indian guy... He's black right?

Trippysmurf said:
Indian
White
White
Female
Asian x2
Jewish?

2 Asian dudes AT THE SAME TIME?!, but not one brother. The indian guy was a weird Bollywood type dude.

Also, When they were doing DDR and they acted like ninjas - I was crying with laughter.

I'm planning on seeing this as soon as I get done with the first volume of the graphic novel...Yeah, it's only the first volume and theres 7 or 8, but it's a start damnit. I'm about halfway through it right now and it's pretty good so far.

UrbanMasque said:
2 Asian dudes AT THE SAME TIME?!, but not one brother. The indian guy was a weird Bollywood type dude.

Also, When they were doing DDR and they acted like ninjas - I was crying with laughter.

Haha, yeah that was awesome. And now that I know the actor who plays the asian girl is 25 I can feel comfortable thinking about how damn cute she was.

And yeah there were no black people in this, WTF, lol. There were also none in Inception and I don't think there were any in Kick Ass. It's like all my favorite movies this year have no black people. But I would've voted for Obama. :D

UrbanMasque said:
Trippysmurf said:
Indian
White
White
Female
Asian x2
Jewish?

Well... it IS set in Canada, the whitest country on earth!... INB4 people will quote me from bowling from columbine...

And i was for the asian chick in the end. At first, i hated her, like a lot. But then she started having personalities and kicking-ass... for the sake of Scott Pilgrim too! And guess how much of a racis... huh... jerk Scott was in the end after all that! No justice, my friend...

Lien said:
UrbanMasque said:
Trippysmurf said:
Indian
White
White
Female
Asian x2
Jewish?

Well... it IS set in Canada, the whitest country on earth!... INB4 people will quote me from bowling from columbine...

And i was for the asian chick in the end. At first, i hated her, like a lot. But then she started having personalities and kicking-ass... for the sake of Scott Pilgrim too! And guess how much of a racis... huh... jerk Scott was in the end after all that! No justice, my friend...

While the movie takes place in Canada, Ramona is American. She had just left New York actually.

If you read the comics, Scott is a jerk. While he's the central protagonist, you really don't feel sorry for him, and he eventually realizes this.

In the comic, a lot of the characters are developed better. Knives turns 18 in the last volume and realizes she has to move on with her life rather than be Scott's stalker; Envy is a bitch, but we get to see more of her transformation from an otaku staying in on Fridays eating pocky to the heartless bitch she is in volumes 3 and 6.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle