Andrew Garfield Spider-man Costume Picture

Delorean88

Rookie
To be perfectly honest never thought that he would have been great for the role until I watched The Social Network. I thought he was so good in that movie that I mentally accepted him as spider-man. It's about time that they're rebooting the series if you asked me, spider-man needed a successful Hollywood makeover similar to how Batman needed and received a Hollywood makeover. The three spider-man movies were good when they came out but when I watch them now I can only enjoy spider-man 1 to a small degree. I understand that spider-man was supposed to be the superhero with everyday people problems but tobey made him a everyday puss. Before you ask no I didn't like tobey as spider-man and I don't like him as an actor either. But maybe I'm being too harsh, anyways hopefully Marc Webb can do a good job though I still feel skeptical about him directing (never saw 500 days of summer). They recently released a picture of what the costume might look like or at least their general idea. I'm hoping it isn't final costume it looks weird in my opinion, the middle red thing is too skinny and looks awkward and the symbol looks sloppy but thats probably for a reason of "oh it's the origin of spider-man so of course he wouldn't have the perfect costume". To be honest I thought the spider-man costume look from the previous three were good enough and there really isn't a need for drastically changing spider-man's costume. I give a crap cause spider-man is one of my top favorite superheros along with batman, wolverine and a couple of others.

So..... What are your thoughts? Not only on the costume but of the remake in general...

Here's the image if you don't want to google it:
Andrew-Garfield-Spider-Man-costume-436x600.jpg

Well, 500 days of summer was good, and the new Spidey man is a good actor, but I'm against any reboot that takes Peter Parker back to high school.
I have other smaller concerns about the movie, but my biggest bugaboo has to be they're taking the series back to formula.

Uhh 500 days of summer was great and Joseph Gordon Levitt is pure man-sex. Andrew Garfield is pretty peter parker like, soo that's good. But yeah, the highschool thing is a bummer. Especially if it is following Ultimate Spiderman...

crazycracker22 said:
Uhh 500 days of summer was great and Joseph Gordon Levitt is pure man-sex. Andrew Garfield is pretty peter parker like, soo that's good. But yeah, the highschool thing is a bummer. Especially if it is following Ultimate Spiderman...

agreed. I'm honestly getting tired of the superhero origin story movie. Sure it's cool to see how our favorite superheros get their start but that involves a hour to an hour an a half of a movie with normal people/crappy superhero action. I don't want to wait 2 to 3 years for a movie involving the experienced superhero who knows what they're doing

I completely agree. My favorite "B-side" superhero movie in the last little bit was The Incredible Hulk with Norton. They get you into the movie quick, intro and origin is wrapped up in under five minutes of intro credits, and BAM Brazilian slums and a soda factory. I wish more directors would push for a non-origin movie.

ON the other hand, Superman was a little too far into the action without it feeling like the world was well-versed in the world's most famous illegal alien. Then again, that movie sucked.

Bretimus_v2 said:
ON the other hand, Superman was a little too far into the action without it feeling like the world was well-versed in the world's most famous illegal alien. Then again, that movie sucked.
Well played sir that will be the quote of my day Feb. 7 even though it's 1:08 where I am I doubt I'll hear something funnier from someone else. Thank you Bretimus

Side note never liked Superman at all but the new SM movie I'm excited about since it's directed by Zack Snyder (Sucker Punch Oh Yeah!!) and written by Nolan (at least last time I check those were the dudes in charge). But I do realize that with Zack the Superman movie will be 40% slow motion

The quick origin wrap-up was the ONLY good thing about the Norton Hulk.

Delorean88 said:
Side note never liked Superman at all but the new SM movie I'm excited about since it's directed by Zack Snyder (Sucker Punch Oh Yeah!!) and written by Nolan (at least last time I check those were the dudes in charge). But I do realize that with Zack the Superman movie will be 40% slow motion

After reading that I can already picture the Superman reboot in 10 seconds...

Sparta.gif

jokeri.png

74096868.png

Inception-leo-simple8-8-10.jpg

crazycracker22 said:
used44 said:
The quick origin wrap-up was the ONLY good thing about the Norton Hulk.
It was still better than Ang Lee's Indie-Hulk.At least in this one He yells "HULK SMASH".

I love how every time someone insults the Norton Hulk movie a hulk fan always says "Yeah but compared to the first hulk movie it was great". I saw the movie, never was a hulk fan for the record, and I was laughing throughout the movie. Best part hulk destroys the helicopter and when it crashes and lights the field on fire it "coincidentally" happens to rain at the same time? I remember thinking "Wow that's a great sprinkler system they have at that college" but then I realized it was rain and laughed even more. Sorry crazycracker to insult the movie it sounds like you had hope for the Norton Hulk.

And Wicked even if all of that was the new Superman movie would it be as bad as the previous one or which ever was the crappy one (weren't they all crappy or just this past one). Side note when watchmen came out never noticed the blue penis because I didn't look for it, every time I told someone that I loved the movie they always said "Really? So you like blue dick flopping in your face?". That affirmed me that my friends that said that are obsessed with penises. But it was honestly something you don't see until you purposely look for it or at least I never noticed till I was watching it with some people and one person walked to the screen and pointed at it. Until then I guess I was the only one looking at Dr. Manhattan's face...

Side Note 2 all of those pictures are amazing movies... Just saying...

crazycracker22 said:
Yes. Because Comic-books are the epitome of realism and in no way are intended to be over the top.

well played cracker........ well played.......

But still it was a little dumb when it happened. Well I thought it was dumb so... yeah...

I get what you're saying, it gets to a point where it is just plain ridiculous. But that can be good or bad(?). I admit I was too blinded by green abs thrusting in my face to realize some of the... interesting weather timing

the hulk movies are so terrible haha.. but yes, the norton one is better, and it is watchable.

the first one is literally one of the worst movies of all time.. it is... there is no word.

umm i think it's ridiculous theyre already doing the spider man movies again tbh, but hopefully they'll turn out ok.

as for tobey mcguire, watch "brothers", his acting in that movie is incredible.

Well here's my opinion. Lee's hulk would have been a good 1 hour movie if most of the more tedious parts were edited out. As for the last Hulk movie, I loved it. I don't understand why so many are against it and have yet to hear a reasonable point to back up that stance that goes much beyond "well, it sucked".

Paradox said:
Well here's my opinion. Lee's hulk would have been a good 1 hour movie if most of the more tedious parts were edited out. As for the last Hulk movie, I loved it. I don't understand why so many are against it and have yet to hear a reasonable point to back up that stance that goes much beyond "well, it sucked".

the last hulk movie is what i call, "just a movie".. it's entertaining, i can sit through it without pain.. it doesn't suck, but it also doesn't do anything at all that impresses me, be it acting, the score, effects, etc.

a movie i'd watch on TV

if most of the tedious parts were edited out of the first hulk movie, it would be shorter than the theatrical trailer.

I hate to be the wet blanket but couldn't this convo have been continued in the comic book thread?

It's my fault. Who am I kidding, I just wanted to argue about the new Spider-Man some more.
No matter how bad the movie may be, I'll still consider it a 'victory' if Marvel Studios gets the non-comic book fan into buying a ticket.
It gets the geeky comic book fans one step closer to an A-list Avengers film. Thanks, suckers!

Wes said:
I hate to be the wet blanket but couldn't this convo have been continued in the comic book thread?

I saw the comic movies thread but at the time I checked it had "- captain america" and I figured that since this was spider-man to create a new but next time I'll just pay attention.

P.S. Wet Blanket? Interesting vernacular never heard that be used before..... Seen people cause wet blankets but not use it in a sentence...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod