The best buds who brawl in the Battlefield beta Bhursday

I had a run at a friends house earlier today. I pretty much don't like it. I can see what they're aiming for in terms of atmosphere and production. Its very 'life-like' and a bit hollywood. This would be perfectly fine in a single player game where you WANT to be immersed in the game but in multiplayer its not needed. For example the animations in running climbing, diving, knife kills. Nukka if i want to knife someone i dont want a 2 second dead zone where i'm vulnerable. Its enough effort in closing the distance between you and the enemy and then humiliating the poor soul - i dont need to watch a damn video to reward my efforts, its something i'm noticing more and more in games these days.

Combination of assault and medic class. :/

Regen vehicles. Its bad enough that there is regen health.

Web browser server integration. :/

NickKmet said:
Green_Lantern said:
and this demo is kind of unimpressive.

Well considering it's not really a demo....

But yeah, I feel ya.

The "beta" was released less than a month before the release of the full retail game, which means BF3 is about to go gold. So really, other than the stuff that they chopped out - fully destructible environments, etc. - most of what's in this beta will be around for the full release until it gets patched out.

Beta is the new demo now-a-days.

A little more on this beta: does anyone else have a problem with the hit detection on reviving. Sometimes I have to place paddles three times in the same spot before they're up again.

I never got around to unlocking the defibs, so I dunno, I just wanted to say that killing people with the defib was one of my favorite things to do in BC2.

It seems like the EKG symbol will linger above the downed teammate long after they've died/respawned. So I'll be racing over with my paddles out for nothing. When you're in a squad of friends it's easy to say, "don't respawn yet! I'm going to revive you!" but it's so hard to be grouped in a squad with your friends in the beta because the servers are so dense with traffic and the lobbies are borked. More often than not I'm with strangers who I'd rather not talk to, trying to revive them and getting fucked over.

Bretimus_v2 said:
A little more on this beta: does anyone else have a problem with the hit detection on reviving. Sometimes I have to place paddles three times in the same spot before they're up again.

It might be a game mechanic, idk.
Sometimes I have to do it once, and sometimes I do it multiple times.

You know what sucks though? Getting killed after reviving 2 squads worth of teammates, and not a single Assault in sight.

used44 said:
It seems like the EKG symbol will linger above the downed teammate long after they've died/respawned. So I'll be racing over with my paddles out for nothing. When you're in a squad of friends it's easy to say, "don't respawn yet! I'm going to revive you!" but it's so hard to be grouped in a squad with your friends in the beta because the servers are so dense with traffic and the lobbies are borked. More often than not I'm with strangers who I'd rather not talk to, trying to revive them and getting fucked over.

Not Dan. That dude is like Florence Nightengale.

It's still going on right? I'll prob be playing on ps3 tonight, no mic, daverabbit on there if anyone's interested. Ooooorr Dave Rabbit on 360, haven't really decided.

Defibs worked fine for me. Like Bret said, I revived the fuck out of my entire team all the time... although I did find it worked out better if I crouched or got really close to the body :-/
We'll see how it looks in the final code....

This beta did suck shit though. I had fun but it was a struggle with some of the issues.

If BC2 Nam wasn't such a ghost town all the time I would be playing it non stop. I can never find a full or balanced match. Most of the time there are only 3 or 4 people on each team.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle