Gun play

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Pepee63, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Pepee63

Pepee63 Rookie

What the hell have they done with the gun play on battlefield 3. It wobbles around like a drunken bitch. Gave up playing it after two matches. I'd see someone and try aim but the gun waves all around the place and you have to be careful not to move a muscle or it wavers all over again. Ya just can't point and shoot. Tell me what real guns act like this. If all real guns did this, noone would die in wars. Sadly after buying and playing every battlefield game out there, i really don't think i'll be buying this [ unless they change the gun characteristics in the final game]

2. De-Ting

De-Ting Rookie

It seems the same as Bad Company 2, if you ask me.

3. Pepee63

Pepee63 Rookie

Love BAD COMPANY 2. Wish the guns acted the same as BC2. Would buy it straight away

4. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

Ummm, real guns don't waver, but the people holding them do. My dad has lots of stories of being shot at but not getting hit by mere inches.

From what I've noticed, the game pushes for a lot more crouching and prone, and use of wall/bipod combos or the foregrip. I have no problem with the control itself. Sounds like you need to use more burst fire at a distance.

This game feels like BC2 only with the addition of prone and more character animation.

5. danielrbischoff

I've been enjoying it...

6. TheJx4

TheJx4 Rookie

It's more realistic. People brag about CoD being unrealistic, so there you go.

I'm just going to assume your aim is terrible and you may need to run through The Pit again.

7. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I like Battlefield's gun controls. The sprinting and climbing are super shaky, but also pretty cool.

8. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 Hey kiddo!

Yeah, I like the animations but I feel like I'm watching the second Bourne movie. Also, is it me or does the HUD sway when you turn and sprint.

9. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

The characters actually lean really hard when they're sprinting and turning. My favorite is entering a sprint from a prone position.

10. TheJx4

TheJx4 Rookie

It would have been really cool if they'd kinda make you lose your footing if you made a turn that was too sharp, or if you're being shot at.

The AI always does things like that in an FPS, but never the player.