The best buds who brawl in the Battlefield beta Bhursday

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hey who's gonna be on the Battlefield 3 beta/mpdemo?! I know I will be. Gotta practice.

Gamertag: AKMitchell

Just got the Beta through my lil' bro. Best bro. DL'ing right now!!!!

So in harmony with what Nick has said...suck it bitches.

I'll probably try across all three systems. I'll hop on with you Used, although I don't think I'll be getting it for 360 in the end.

Actually pretty fun so far. Only been able to play one gametype, with no vehicles. The controls are a little different, so I'll probably end up changing those when the game itself comes out. Graphics look great, the gameplay is fun (though both games I played went about 30 minutes!). It'll be a lot more fun I'm sure once I'm able to play with my clan, as we'll be rocking the teamspeak.

The maps are huge, as one would expect, and pretty diverse in terms of cover and design. It feels a lot more realistic than call of duty, especially in that you have to make sure that the person you're about to shoot isn't on your team when you're in open areas with a bit more range, and that the accuracy of the weapons more closely matches what you might expect in real life (in other words, it can be quite tough to hit anything if you're not careful about bursting). Also, you will die. A lot. And very easily.

Wow, I stayed up too late playing this last night. It's just one map right now and only Rush. Personally, I would've loved to see Conquest first. Maps huge and the controls on the PS3 are similar to the BC2 controls. It looks like the classes are switched around a bit too, as far as gear and specialties.

Still looks like a beta in some aspects, but the animations look great (sliding over walls instead of just straight body jumping, watching knife and gunfire deaths, etc.). The return of prone is cool, but it almost seems like people lay too flat or their bodies stick out in weird directions (once again, beta). It's not hard to tell who's who on console sice there are name tags. If it's showing and it's blue or green--friend. If nothing shows up--kill it with gunfire. Much more varied environments, hard to find snipers. Being capable of only speaking to your squad still bothers me. I want proximity chat or at least some kind of commander position that can talk between squads (kind of like MAG's set-up).

Iron sights are a bitch, you're going to want a scope. And thowing a heavy barrel on there affects drop over distance...lots of attention to detail. Look forward to playing on the PS3 with everyone (looking at you daniel...you shall see my finely tuned analogs in action, and my Snake-like stealth).

The 30 minute matches are what I love about Rush. Its a blast when the defense is just about to kill the attackers' last few men but then the attackers get the M-COM, advancing the map and resetting the respawn count. If that happens all three times, the match can reach nearly an hour.

I had a couple losses and a couple wins, most matches ran about 15 minutes.

People need to get on their mics though. Calling out positions in the first area of Operation Metro was crucial.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Calling out positions in the first area of Operation Metro was crucial.

"Reverse cowgirl! Reverse cowgirl!"

*high-fives MattAY from across the world*

This was an XBOX topic for XBOX buds only!

And my gamertag is still AKMitchell

preordered from newegg, guess i should figure out how to get into the beta thing.

Or I'll just wait, give you noobs time to practice.

You know, if you are like Me and haven't got a beta key you can't download the beta on PSN yet, BUT I downloaded the BF3 theme instead, and let me tell ya, it looks pretty, has anyone else installed it or am I the only pseudo-fanboy-who-has-not-played-BF-since-1942?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod