The best buds who brawl in the Battlefield beta Bhursday

Has anyone else had trouble with the Squad Management system. I'll enter a squad with my friends and then it places us in different games completely.

Downloading the Xbox beta as I type this. Will be on after work tonight. Or maybe I should just take the day off...

I haven't been able to get in all day. FUCKING EA SEVERS are down like fucking always. God damn I fucking hate fucking EA, thats the one thing I always hated about Battlefield games, was the god awful servers. gah.

sorry for the rant. I just wanna play =/

This game is great! Aside from it being down for the past few hours! I can't believe this is DICE, I really thought they'd have there shit together by now...

CloacalKiss said:
Aside from it being down for the past few hours! I can't believe this is DICE, I really thought they'd have there s*** together by now...

lol...I really doubt it

Anyways, I played for a bit today, got up to rank 4. Overall I think it's alright, nothing too special. Prone is such BS though, and only map we get to play is terrible.

Someone said something about the map they chose togove us. It's for the CoD players. CQC type map. Which is sad when Battlefield is supposedly trying to separate itself from that archetype.

CloacalKiss said:
This game is great! Aside from it being down for the past few hours! I can't believe this is DICE, I really thought they'd have there s*** together by now...

It's a beta. It's the first day with all the masses. You were expecting a finished product?

They've given us this map so that the CoD players sitting on the fence will say "hey this is cool, I like this" while all the battlefield 3 players already know they'll be buying it.

It's a beta in the sense that they want to stress test their hardware but ultimately it's a demo for the Call of Duty types who aren't sure about the gameplay.

Don't know how I feel about having to earn accesories for every individual weapon. Especially since I have to earn it for both the US and Russian basic weapon.

Bretimus_v2 said:
CloacalKiss said:
This game is great! Aside from it being down for the past few hours! I can't believe this is DICE, I really thought they'd have there s*** together by now...

It's a beta. It's the first day with all the masses. You were expecting a finished product?

How is it a beta? The game comes out in less than a month. This is a multiplayer demo.

Tried to Squad up with Dan, he didn't end up on my team until the 4th game, I think.

He's also a dirty bastard. :D
It's really hard to do jackshit when your team runs headfirst into gunfire and then the ones behind you refuse to stop blocking your path.

Great gameplay though, and the 4th area of Metro is so awesome. It took me a few rounds to get used to the game, but I'm pretty solid now.

The random lag hits are pretty annoying, especially the huge ones. There is zero spawn protection.
I got disconnected awhile ago.

TL;DR
Day 10 purchase. :D

danielrbischoff said:
TheJx4 said:
He's also a dirty b******. :D
I knifed you so hard and guess what...

I WAS RECORDING! I'm uploading that everywhere I can.

:S

DID YOU AT LEAST RECORD THE MATCH WHERE I DIDN'T SUCK?
I think we were both the top players on our teams.

but seriously though, I LOOKED. Where did you even come from?

Played the beta (more like a demo but whatev') for an hour today and I really liked it, it was laggy but what do you expect it's a beta. I honestly think the demo won't convert COD fans because you die a lot in BF. i did good but in battlefield you see the death screen a lot. Also victory heavily relies on teamwork, another reason why I think COD fans might not convert because in COD more people play a solo style and in BF3 you need to work together. The map is decent in my opinion, sucks in the aspect of no vehicles (I haven't seen any yet at least) but does have intense close combat. I've seen people complain about the graphics (on the xbox version), honestly they aren't bad, they obviously don't compare to PC's graphics but they're good enough to not feel dated. But it's xbox, if you value graphics over gameplay and you want console then switch to PS3.

Though I was disappointed by the beta in a stupid way, watching the caspian border gameplay I was excited and thought it looked so intense and amazing. I forgot that trailer has to be 64 player PC only, not 24 or 32 console gameplay. Console gameplay will still be good but unfortunately may never be that 64 player caspian border scale

ProTip: The gameplay is better on PS3.

The whole dying a lot thing only forced me to play more tactically, and I ended up going 24-8 in one round.

I'm mostly a CoD player, so it did take some time to adjust.

I'm gonna try to get into a Caspian Border server tomorrow...And from looking at gameplay of that map, it will totally change my early opinion on the game itself.

Metro is so not what BF is about......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod