The People Speak Week 10: Building a PC

When I finally get enough cashflow to get me a decent rig, the first thing I'm going to do is find me a snazzy case.

Your standard ones are alright, but I just find the ol' box look to be played out.

Tyrranis said:
When I finally get enough cashflow to get me a decent rig, the first thing I'm going to do is find me a snazzy case.

Your standard ones are alright, but I just find the ol' box look to be played out.
I want to make an all black mesh case.
I think it would look pretty awesome while having excellent cooling.

Alternatively,
500xbedroomcase.jpg

But with more black and the wires hidden behind it.

I don't normally check microcenter since the closest one to me is Kansas City at a 3 hour drive, but they have the 2500k for $180....Which is $30 cheaper than newegg.

madster111 said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Why not just get the interl i7 950? it's 20 bucks cheaper, and as Dan lives in Cali I'm sure he can get it at a microcenter; also I understand from my cali friends that the tax levied on newegg in that state is horrific.

Be prepared to max out games for the next 2 years, and only then need an overclock.

See, I think we'll be able to max out games for the next 4 years, because in this multiplatform generation, the Xbox, which is not aging like wine(and didn't microsoft claim they're running it til 2015?), will keep the market of super advanced graphics to a minimum.

Yeah, but with CryEngine 3 and Frostbite 2 both promising incredible graphics, in a few years 3.5 and 2.5 will be out and developers will stop bothering making games for the 360. They'll be making games for the PC and PS3, then porting it for the 360 with crap graphics.

possibly, but the engine I'm fearing is X-ray 2. STALKER is the only game to ever tax my rig (although it could because of its bugginess), crysis ran like a dream.

I'm not expecting much out developers. Pretty graphics are a good way to limit the market; personally i think it'll make PC games better if we lose lower settings and just make it so it functions on high-ultra high only, so to normalize graphics.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
possibly, but the engine I'm fearing is X-ray 2. STALKER is the only game to ever tax my rig (although it could because of its bugginess), crysis ran like a dream.

I'm not expecting much out developers. Pretty graphics are a good way to limit the market; personally i think it'll make PC games better if we lose lower settings and just make it so it functions on high-ultra high only, so to normalize graphics.
j

Try Metro 2033...

BTW...I REALLY hate threads like these because then I always want to upgrade my PC...

I had a GTX570 IN MY NEWEGG CART today...But then decided against it, for now...

That's lame. In Missouri you don't have to pay online taxes on the first 2000$. So long as I keep under 2 grand a year, no taxes.

We pay normal sales tax here. I suppose if I didn't live in Washington, I wouldn't have to pay tax on things I buy from Amazon though.

Lethean said:
Eyebrows what kind of set up do you have?

Twas in a previous post, but:

Coolermaster Cosmos Case
Gigabyte Motherboard (169)
Intel i7 950 3.06ghz processor (200)
12gb DDR3 1666 Gskill RAM (120)
EVGA Geforce GTX 280
1100w Antec PS
3 120mm fans (front, bottom, back)
2 140mm fans (top)
Standard DVD drive

Here's a previous picture of my older build (it's mostly the same) before I cleaned it up.
rig2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle