|OT| Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

So....I think I suck at this game. I'm a level ten nord warrior using 1h weapons and can't even kill a dragon. I burn through food and potions when taking on two or three guys at once. Is that me sucking or is that how it's supposed to be? I really should hire my companion...

Also, that one hit shit is really annoying.

Haha.

Just put your XP into health and combat perks for now. Then balance it later.

Lethean said:
So....I think I suck at this game. I'm a level ten nord warrior using 1h weapons and can't even kill a dragon. I burn through food and potions when taking on two or three guys at once. Is that me sucking or is that how it's supposed to be? I really should hire my companion...

Also, that one hit s*** is really annoying.
It's tricky but there is a way even without combat training. Try to attack it's side (not his wings) and make sure you constantly strafe to avoid his tail and head. Try to put your potions in your hotkeys if you are using the PC and make sure you get some fire or frost protection ready, remember, he one hits kill you when you got a quarter left in your health. It takes practice but this is a hard and fun way to kill the dragons, nothing is more fun then jumping in, charging head first axe in hand!

Now to sneak kill a dragon... i have NO idea...

The combat's really not that great, and the real problem is if you level any non-combat skill the enemies get higher combat levels.

And companions make it a lot more manageable.

Longo_2_guns said:
and the real problem is if you level any non-combat skill the enemies get higher combat levels.
75543.jpg

I have the same problem as Lethean.

Except completely the other way.

Last time i played, i was at level 34 or something and i could stand there and stare into the eyes of town guards or low level draugrs while they use every ounce of their strength to hit me with. I could do this for 5 minutes and then use about 5 seconds of restoration magic to bring me back up that 30% or so that i lost.
I could stare into their eyes and watch the fear slowly drain in when they realize i am going to kill them in a slow and horrific way. I can laugh gleefully when i beat them to the very brink of death, only to use a restoration spell on them, so as to repeat this process for hours on end and listen to them beg for the sweet release of death, knowing that only my boredom will give them that gift.

madster111 said:
I can laugh gleefully when i beat them to the very brink of death, only to use a restoration spell on them, so as to repeat this process for hours on end and listen to them beg for the sweet release of death, knowing that only my boredom will give them that gift.

You didn't do anything to the neighborhood pets as a child did you?

I've stopped playing Skyrim altogether because of update 1.5. But when I was playing it, I'd have trouble killing dragons and priests, sometimes. Then, I'd remember that I cranked the difficulty up to Master, and lower it back down to Adept. Problem solved.

My most used character uses heavy armor with the perks that give you huge boosts to armor rating. Wearing a full set of daedric, and with the perk that allows you to do your gauntlets' armor rating in damage, things are pretty easy. Of course, I also use restoration magic, stealth, and the occasional bow and arrow, so nothing is ever too hard to kill. And I don't like companions, with all their glitches and such.

You have proven me wrong, folks.

Better than my friends who have all the same builds because they can break the game that way...and people wonder why I am not a huge fan of Skyrim as everyone else...

Yeah there's definitely a way to play the game "best" and that's always dissapointing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod