|OT| Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by CloacalKiss, Jul 12, 2011.

1. CloacalKiss

CloacalKiss Rookie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Definitely going to be one of the best games of the year in my books. The new level system, the way you can become whatever you want (mage, warrior, rogue, etc.) without actually choosing on a menu is going to be amazing.

2. madster111

madster111 Rookie

Going to be torrenting it first, because it's very likely going to a buggy heap of shit on PC (being PORTED to the damn PC. An Elder scrolls game. Fucking hell) for a while until 2x official patches and the unofficial patch is released, which should fix it and make it cheaper for me to buy by then.

3. cyberjim2000

cyberjim2000 Veteran

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Couldn't you do that before with the other games? As I recall there's nothing stopping you from getting good with your non-primary skills. I'm looking forward to Skyrim but I hope they add in a court system like they did with Daggerfall if you get caught with a crime (but that will never happen). Like using "speechcraft" to lie your way out of the jail time or using logic to beat the system.

4. kingg5

kingg5 Rookie

All i know is its gonna be the best in the series. Any word on what guilds are in it?

5. JunkyArd

JunkyArd Rookie

I'm excited to hear that everything doesn't level with you and that it will be more like Fallout and Morrowind in regards that higher level monsters/enemies will be in certain areas, and lower ones in others, etc. That's the one thing I thought Oblivion royally screwed up.

In Morrowind it took me forever to get glass armor or the few pieces of Daedric armor I found...and when you were like a level 10 you fucking ran like hell when a Daedra showed up.

In Oblivion the lowest of the low had glass and ebony and all the baller armor at like level 15. It was the most depressing thing ever about that game. I'm going about my business...oh look a regular bandit in all glass armor...he must be a miniboss...oh look theres 10 more....LAME

6. danielrbischoff

Never played an Elder Scrolls game, but after Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I can't wait for Skyrim.

7. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Go play Morrowind right now.

8. danielrbischoff

I don't know what it is. There's always been a hurdle between me and ES games I wasn't willing to jump over, but I'll do it for Skyrim. The game looks so pretty!

9. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

I am so apprehensive to this for some reason....something about Skyrim cannot make me excited for it, and I don't know why.

10. CloacalKiss

CloacalKiss Rookie

By the way, it's an Elder Scrolls game. :)

11. danielrbischoff

New engine? No more fugly characters? Too much awesome? Dragons are intimidating to you?

12. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

The fact that it's Bethesda is really what's keeping me from being excited. It'll be good, but really, it'll be like Oblivion and Fallout 3. Disappointing with a complete disregard to the lore.

13. CloacalKiss

CloacalKiss Rookie

You are either 1. a complete monster or 2. joking around.

Hopefully you are a #2 type of guy.

14. danielrbischoff

Has anyone heard anything about preorder stuff? I usually go with the best option... which generally results in
    1. whichever has bonus missions or quests or whatever
    or
    2. amazon pays me $20 to order from them

15. drathbone

drathbone Regular

I dunno what the pre-order bonus is but I got drunk and pre orderd it while at gamestop buyiing animal crossing city folk. The guy was simply a good salesmen + I was inebriated. Bad combo.

16. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

You left out the part where I said they were good, but still, what I said was completely true. In relative terms to their predecessors, both Oblivion and Fallout 3 were disappointing, and both disregarded the lore when it was convenient to them.

17. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina Rookie

Oblivion I agree with...Fallout 3 I did like a lot...although it wore off really soon....

18. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm excited to be starting it as it comes out.

Since I've only played my first Elder Scrolls game with Oblivion about 3 months ago, I'm psyched to discus findings with you guys in the new one :D

19. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Put me in the cautiously optimistic group

20. CloacalKiss

CloacalKiss Rookie

All this skepticism about this game. Has me very surprised to say the least!