16-bit hidden screens.

pres50

Rookie
Hey I know this is a random question but does anyone know if the Sega Genesis or SNES or any other 16-bit systems had like a startup screen or test screen or hidden built in crappy game screen (like a hidden game on a calculator eg. Pong) or like a RAM bios thingy like a computer has. I don't know how to put it really, but I was intriuged by the idea after I noticed when playing a snes emulator that there was actually a rom you could put in that created a full physical you could say of your SNES's functions (sound,visual,controls etc.).

I'm amazed by the idea that all these old systems may have hidden functions, ester eggs, hidden test games and other cool or forgotten random stuff like that built into them or whatnot...I dont really know where I'm going with this but I'll also add N64 and PSX to the mix as N64 was a cartridge based system and had nothnig really beyond putting a game into it, but what I want to know is was there more to it that we didn't know. We are so spoiled nowadays with features on the consoles now like CD player Blue Ray MP3 the list goes on...plus almost every console out now has a startup home menu (similar to PS1 and Saturn and Dreamcast but taking to a much higher level, including online stores and such, I'm aware other systems were doing this in the 90's; but not as mainstream and easy as it is now).

Sorry for thr crap grammar and all by the way, but yeah every system has an easily accesible startup menu nowadays. Back in the day was it ''what you get is what you get..no tinkering?'' thats my question theres gotta be more to those old consoles, I wish I was smart ebough to figure out how tap into those old buggers to see what kinda software and hidden things are in them and those sytems can include NES and Master System as well and any other old cartridge based system. I'm really interested please let me know if you have info thanks.

The only thing I can think of (unsure what pres means) was what Toad has done on Super Mario Bros for the NES
mariocastle-thumb.gif

8bittoadbycommanderlila.jpg

You see, Toad has been giving us the finger.

I'm not entirely sure but I think the OP is asking if there are any secrets in a game that can only be accessed if you hack into it. Like the "Hot Coffee" minigame in GTA: San Andreas where you could punch in quick-time events to screw your dates. For some reason he's only asking about the 16-bit generation.

If this ISN'T what he's asking then this thread is hopeless.

This is so confusing because when he says 16-bit you all think video games. It's really the OP's fault for forgetting to say 16-bits

He's obviously talking about the secret messages you can make with 16 Alpha Bits.

So what's the 16th letter in the alphabet? That's right P. And what can you spell with the letter P that has 16 letters? Well, lots of stuff, but considering he's talking about screens I'm gonna go ahead and guess...

photoq.png

That's right Photosensitivity. So to answer the original question, photosensitivity is the amount to which an object reacts upon receiving photons, especially visible light.

No we can close this thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod