Game Collecting

Its funny, lately I have suddenly been bitten by a strange desire to begin collecting video games. New games, old games, even systems. I think it stems from the FC Twin I bought, and since then ive been purchasing a bunch of NES and SNES games.

But now I feel like buying a Dreamcast or Genesis, even random shit like the Virtual Boy or Atari 2600.

Once the remaining NES games come in, I will take a picture of the whole collection I have. And I already have been documenting them too. It's kind of tiresome and tedious, but exciting at the same time too. It is also a nice distraction until grad school starts again in a few weeks.

So, anyone have a substantial game collection they want to discuss or share? Any classic games or consoles either?

Shit, I still have my old Genesis and Saturn that work pretty well. Though my Saturn's Hard drive failed miserably years ago: so I can't save anything.

Plus I know my games are around here somewhere...

Nah, I dont collect them. I do have an Amiga in the storage cupboard...whether it still works or not is beyond me, all the game discs are gone :( I think mummy threw them away!

MattAY said:
Nah, I dont collect them. I do have an Amiga in the storage cupboard...whether it still works or not is beyond me, all the game discs are gone :( I think mummy threw them away!
The Mummy's Curse. :shock:

I have a TurboGrafx-16 with about 7 games just sitting in a box right now. Had considered eBay-ing the sucker seeing as I can get hold of the games through the Wii's Virtual Console. Have several controllers and the multitap for it as well.

lyndonAP said:
I have a TurboGrafx-16 with about 7 games just sitting in a box right now. Had considered eBay-ing the sucker seeing as I can get hold of the games through the Wii's Virtual Console. Have several controllers and the multitap for it as well.

My offer still stands....:).

I still have my snes plugged onto tv ready to play. What I would need are 2 new controllers and some "new" games for it.

LinksOcarina said:
lyndonAP said:

If that offer is the "donations" there's no way I'm just going to give it away! :p

Here is everythig i have with it: besides the main system with RF adapter itself I have the TurboBooster (lets you use the composite jacks instead of the RF adapter, the cable is included as well), the MultiTap (allows 5 controllers at once), 3 controllers and a total of 7 games (Devil's Crush, Keith Courage In Alpha Zones, Bonk's Adventure, Falcon, TV Sports Hockey, Dungeon Explorer and New Adventure Island). Only Bonk's Adventure has it's original case and instructions- the rest were purchased HuCard only. The original power adapter is there too. When/ if I do decide to put it on eBay I'll let you know. ;)

lyndonAP said:
LinksOcarina said:
lyndonAP said:

If that offer is the "donations" there's no way I'm just going to give it away! :p

Here is everythig i have with it: besides the main system with RF adapter itself I have the TurboBooster (lets you use the composite jacks instead of the RF adapter, the cable is included as well), the MultiTap (allows 5 controllers at once), 3 controllers and a total of 7 games (Devil's Crush, Keith Courage In Alpha Zones, Bonk's Adventure, Falcon, TV Sports Hockey, Dungeon Explorer and New Adventure Island). Only Bonk's Adventure has it's original case and instructions- the rest were purchased HuCard only. The original power adapter is there too. When/ if I do decide to put it on eBay I'll let you know. ;)

hmm...how much would you sell it for?

I still have pretty much all of my old gaming systems. I still try to use my NES and SNES whenever I'm home, I still have my N64 and PS1 at home too, unfortunately I sold my Sega Saturn and Dreamcast a while ago (I didn't care for my Dreamcast anyways)

For everyone with a NES still, I would recommend buying a new 72 pin connector for it. They're like 6 dollars on Ebay, are super easy to put in, and clear up the stupid blinking light. When I put mine in, my NES went from hardly working at all, to starting everything up right when it is turned on.

LinksOcarina said:
lyndonAP said:
LinksOcarina said:
lyndonAP said:

hmm...how much would you sell it for?

All together, including shipping, I'd probably say $150 US. I'm allowing extra for shipping as I'm in Canada and I am guessing you are somewhere in the US.

Take the sales to PM guys, don't want people knowing your business. ;)

Except me. Tell me all the juicy details.

I was going to say we should take to discussing it via e-mail, had a feeling you wouldn't want any game sale discussion on here. When I do finally get around to posting up on ebay I'll PM you if you want to take a shot, Links.

I'm still awaiting for this immense picture.

The composition had better be good!

I sort of was collecting games a few years ago. Now I have a SNES, Genesis, Saturn, two Dreamcasts, a PS2, and Wii. I definitely need to play the Saturn more, 'specially because it's modded and I've never taken advantage of that.

Thats not a bad list man.

And Mattay, give me two weeks, because I ordered over 40 games online at this point, it all has to come in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle