Whats your hidden gem?

kingkyle

Rookie
There are so many big name games out there, and new systems with ever improving graphics and capabilities. There are also thousands of game, and I'm sure that there are a few hidden gems out there that are sitting in the discount bin. These games are passed over time and time again without a thought but what if they are infact unbelievable games?

If you know of any hidden gems out there, could you shed some light on them and let everyone else out there learn somethign new.

My favourit game of all time is Tenchu, for Xbox, and not tenchu Z that game was lame. I have beat that game more times then any other game, and still like to pull out out and pull some stealth ninja shit.

Whats yours?

well, if you're into RPG's and/or puzzle games, Puzzle Quest for the PSP or DS is a great example, I have it on PSP and it rocks, 40+ hours of gamepaly and I still dont wanna beat the game cause I wanna get everything

haha same, i like puzzles, and i like quests! I have a DS...it's happening.

Dog's Life on PS2 is awesome! You collect smells, and save your bitch after she's been dognapped. You can have peeing matches, and digging, tug-of-war, pursuit, and can play as other dogs. You can also make ur dog take a dump anytime he wants...

Mrs. Spider`s Tea Party for PS1 even though I don`t play it my sister does. I have never seen any besides the one she has.

Drill Dozer and Gunstar Super Heroes, both for the GBA.
Both amazing Adventure/Action games.

Also Etrian Oddyssy, one of the few games to successfully incorporate cartography into the gameplay. Using the automap feature is for sissies.

there was a Japanese game for PS1 called "Ore no ryouri", is a cooking game for PS1 that I played on a demo and I was hooked to the demo for a long time, just type that name on youtube search and you get to see it, good one

Oh and there is another game that thanks to it's sequel, a lot of people is looking for it, I mean ICO, prequel to Shadow Of The Colossus, I had before Shadow came out

If any of you geeks dunno it:

If any of you geeks dunno it already, well, Nethack and Slash'em (SuperLotsaAddedStuffHack'ExtendedMagic) for the PC.

Some of my best turn-based RPG moments came out of those ascii-based diamonds. Their relatively deep interface still doesn't cease to amaze me.
Wanna mix oil and fire, then throw it on orcs? Play Nethack.
Want the orcs to throw it right back? Play Slash'em.

Wanna fly over water with your fire resistant, +5 water-walking boots, completely miss sight of that blue "n" which symbolizes a water nymph, get your boots robbed, fall in the water, drown and lose all your past 20 hours of gameplay? Play one of them.

Both versions come complete with "choke to death on your own dog's corpse", "die from kicking a wall" and the infamous "death by a falling object" options.

Highly recommended, for the patient of mind and the not-easily frustrated.

Enjoy!

Note: First finish Nethack (after three years, maybe), and THEN try Slash'em, which is about a 283470192347 times more difficult.

I totally agree with Nethack, one hell of an RPG. Tougher than plenty of games in this day and age.
And along with that, Rogue, ADoM and Doom: The Roguelike to fill up the Rogue-like genre.

Guilty Gear Series. Not too sure how well known it is, but its quite a solid fighter. Psychonauts is another.

Plain Scape for the P.C. I have been playing that game on and off for about ten years and have still yet to beat it or know of anyone else that has. I even gave a copy to my RPG addicted cousin and he has yet to finish it. And I'm talking about a guy that has failed out of college lost every girl he ever had and sevreal jobs do to his commitment to finishing games. So if you're looking for a very long RPG based tightly on Second Edition D&D rules than let me know how it works out for you. Oh and just a little tip the Portal Maze goes 3,1,3,11,5,2,9,6...that should save you a couple of days of work and boot you a 1d10+4 1d12+4 Great Hammer.

My 'hidden gem'?

Joe and Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
for the SNES

Joe and Mac 2 was the SNES exclusive sequel to the SNES/Genesis remake of the original Joe and Mac: Caveman Ninja games for arcades and the NES. It was an arcade-style sidescrolling platformer with some beat'em'up elements. You play as the caveman Joe (player 2 plays as his cave-buddy Mac), who have been sent on a mission to recover their tribal chieftain's magical crown, which was stolen by the evil caveman Gork. You travel from plains, to jungle, to icy mountains and hot volcanoes down to murky rivers, fighting Gork's caveman minions and huge Dinosaur bosses to recover the Rainbow Stones that will allow you to access Gork's island to defeat him and recover the crown.

It's a very simple game, but it was really fun, and much better than it's predecessor(s). My dad and I rented it a lot. We never beat it though. I several months back though beat it in the single player mode over an emulator. It was truly a great game, and it's sad that Data East went out of business. Now Joe and Mac I believe is owned by some company called G-Mode, and I don't see any likelihood of the series ever returning unless it's by some fans who remember the game as fondly as I do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle