Whats your hidden gem?

Heroes of Might and Magic series: Sure we have all those fancy sequels, but my favorite was Heroes II, released in '96. Tons o'strategy, epic gameplay and great music had me playing this gem for years.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004. One of the best sports games ever. Loads of customization, you basically create your own player and compete in real, challenging golf tournaments and matches. And it contains a drop-in-and-play multiplayer mode that is the envy of all games since. Your friends can play with you, in your "season" tournaments and play alongside you. The great part is that you all receive experience, sponsorships, etc.

It's a game I still play today.

Claw, I saw it once and never again. One of the greatest and toughest platformers in the PC realm.

I have run out of ideas besides Barbie Race and Ride which my sister owns. I have never seen another one of those before. And Harvest Moon. Dumb Game.

Do not mess with Harvest Moon.
It makes mundane, tedious chores fun. Just like Animal Crossing.

Yeah, Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing are among the games that fall under the category of "Games that are really fun, but you have no idea why."

Though it IS clear why some of the more specific things in Animal Crossing are fun. Whacking your neighbors with the bug net, pushing them into Pitfalls and reading their reactions, sending them garbage in a letter and they thank you for it, but that's only three things.

Squiggy said:
Yeah, Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing are among the games that fall under the category of "Games that are really fun, but you have no idea why."
I know right. Harvest Moon makes me sleepy. *Yawn*

Squiggy said:

Though it IS clear why some of the more specific things in Animal Crossing are fun. Whacking your neighbors with the bug net, pushing them into Pitfalls and reading their reactions, sending them garbage in a letter and they thank you for it, but that's only three things.

Don't forget decorating your house, I always get a kick when you complete a set of furnature.
Good ol' interior designing.

And Clubhouse Games, spent a few hours playing it today at school. Nothing's funnier when your friend misses the dartboard completely, when it's so off that it's not even on the screen.

lokness said:
Tomb Raider Anniversary, the game that no one played.
i played it.
then i broke it.

..i then got it replaced, and sold the copy i got as 'new' on ebay, thus making an extra $15 over trading it in.
with that $15, i bought 3 pies.

Otogi 1 and 2 for me. Those games are without a doubt some of the best looking games to ever come out on the Xbox. The characters all had unique look and feels to them, the flowing hair and lighting effects off weapons were nice touches, and the different weapons added some customization on the players part. The music and Japanese voice acting are some impressive that you feel like you are in ancient Japan.

The levels were also all fantastic. All rich with ancient Japanese motifs, the ranged from inside volcanic caves to an armada of floating ships thousands of feet in the air. But perhaps one of its defining features was the fact that everything was destructible. That armada? On levels you had to destroy all of them to get to a mini boss strapped into the ship itself.

The game also gave me one of my favorite villains of all time, although that is a loose term that can be applied to this character: the Crimson King. His boss fight is also one of the most memorable in video gaming, as you battle him through a snow covered bamboo valley. Many of the other villains are memorable, and some will frustrate you to high hell, but nowadays what game doesn't have an enemy like that?

Now a lot of the critics of this game are correct - there is a steep learning curve, where certain levels will piss you off and take hours to beat, when the next level will take 5 minutes. Certain bosses are almost impossible (I still haven't beaten the final boss of the first game), and yes, you will be mashing the same buttons over and over again. But I hate when people complain about that. The never bitch that all you do in shooters is pull two triggers and hit the reload button; they never bitch about the fact that the original nes controller had 2 buttons so all you did was mash them; or that in most MMOs there are certain classes that all you do is spam a button. But be prepared to hit 2 buttons constantly.

Not a lot of people ever played these games because they never even heard of them. However if you see either at your local gaming store, I suggest trying it out.

Navy_Seal said:
There is another game on the N64 I think that it is called Pokemon Pics. It`s pretty neat.

You mean Pokemon snap? Where you take pictures of little pokemons, oh how i loved that game.

Skies of Arcadia...thou shalt be mentioned.

Well I dunno if its that well known, But Skies Of Arcadia for the Dreamcast was pretty awesome...the first game I played in excess, and completed...a few times, and also something I have never, ever come across in a single other game- treasure hunting, and battling in your very own awesome looking sky pirate ship, your own island base thingy, a survival section, and hunts.
My lord...if they remade it for the PC with gambits from FF 12.
I would be happy forever.

*Edit* Skies of Arcadia IS very awesome, not was pretty awesome. Still rocks, on either one of my dreamcasts...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod