|OT| Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
problem with you lot that you're all just maxing characters. why don't you try playing the damn game instead of exploiting your way through?
This isn't BF3 mate, this is a full RPG where the main story is shit and short and the entire point of the game is in everything else, and maxxing your character by getting the best everything and leveling up until you can't anymore, so that you can destroy entire towns in minutes.

If you played through the 2 main story lines, the dragons and the war, the game would be of average 10hr length, instead of the 50hr+ that you're meant to invest in an Elder Scrolls game.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
problem with you lot that you're all just maxing characters. why don't you try playing the damn game instead of exploiting your way through?

I didn't exploit anything. I used what was in the game and made my things by using the skills and perks I leveled up to get.

You need to level up your skills to gain levels to get perks. Some people have decided to cut some of the tedium out of the process. I'm halfway to lvl 52 and the vast majority of levels was obtained "just playing the damn game" but leveling up certain skills are a pain in the ass.

Have I backed myself into a corner while a bandit chief hit me and left a stapler on my mouse button for blocking while I did some laundry? Sure. Is it exploiting? Maybe to you, not to me. I don't even bother blocking anymore. I just wanted to level up so I could get another perk and didn't want to sit in front of my screen for an hour holding down the block button when I could be doing other things. Just avoiding some tedium is what I am saying. And as was already said, the skills themselves aren't much unless you take the perks to go with them.

madster111 said:
Eyebrowsbv31 said:
This isn't BF3 mate, this is a full RPG where the main story is s*** and short and the entire point of the game is in everything else, and maxxing your character by getting the best everything and leveling up until you can't anymore, so that you can destroy entire towns in minutes.

If you played through the 2 main story lines, the dragons and the war, the game would be of average 10hr length, instead of the 50hr+ that you're meant to invest in an Elder Scrolls game.

BF3 is shit too.

Lol Nate I was trying to think of skills I could easily max out to gain a few level perks. I have smithing and most of sneaking perked, along with speech... but at lvl 32 i'm starting to think it's going to be hard getting the levels from archery and one handed so I can get the perks into them.

Here's a question. Why the fuck is there still goddamn level scaling?

Sure there aren't bandits in daedric anymore, but it's still present. You go into a random cave and suddenly there are 15 bandit marauders and 10 bandit plunderers instead of just normal bandits.

Why? Why?!

Daddio said:
Lol Nate I was trying to think of skills I could easily max out to gain a few level perks. I have smithing and most of sneaking perked, along with speech... but at lvl 32 i'm starting to think it's going to be hard getting the levels from archery and one handed so I can get the perks into them.

Yeah, I've pretty much reached the point where I am running out of skills to level up. All the main skills I use/used the most (2h, smithing, enchanting, heavy armor, blocking) are maxed out. Speech and lockpicking are in the 90's and will be maxed soon too. After that I might try that sneaking trick that Longo mentioned, but after that there isn't much left. So for me at least, I will be more or less level capped.

My guy is pure melee (no points in magic) so the thought of leveling up the magic schools just to try and squeeze out a couple of extra perks is painful to think about and not worth the effort. Same goes for 1 handed weapons or light armor, more trouble than it's worth. I have most of the ones I want anyway. Just working on master trader now because most vendors in the game carry a pitiful amount of gold.

Longo_2_guns said:
Here's a question. Why the f*** is there still goddamn level scaling?

Sure there aren't bandits in daedric anymore, but it's still present. You go into a random cave and suddenly there are 15 bandit marauders and 10 bandit plunderers instead of just normal bandits.

Why? Why?!

Those bandits don't bother me. It's those master or arch mages or whatever they're called. Those guys HURT.

I decided to grind out my enchanting this time around with the daggers I made from smithing, got it to 75 so far without really putting much thought into it. Haven't put any perk points into it though, don't think I will. Can't wait to test out this dagger backstab though!

C_nate said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Here's a question. Why the f*** is there still goddamn level scaling?

Why? Why?!

Those bandits don't bother me. It's those master or arch mages or whatever they're called. Those guys HURT.

That's true. A few times I've been stopped dead in my tracks by an impossibly tough Mage at the end of a dungeon.

I hate how you can't hit two people with one swing. I had one enemy paralyzed and another one still attacking me, but he was standing directly over the stiffy, and so each time I swung, I hit the completely harmless one instead of the guy chopping me to pieces.

I skipped that perk actually. I tried it once and had too many instances of friendly fire. Went back to an earlier save before I had it.

There are a couple of good tricks for separating enemies. Use the one shout to send them flying or a fear spell or shout, or a well placed bash to stagger one and move so the other one will follow.

Oh man, I just encountered the best bug ever.

I was doing the Thieves Guild quest The Pursuit. Not going to say what happens, but you have to break into a house in Riften. There's one guard of the house, who you're allowed to kill. Well, he happened to be out back while I was attempting a way in. Despite being on city property, he immediately went hostile, opened up the locked gate, and chased after me. I ran to the main area to try and get the guards to fight him.

They didn't. Who did, instead, was the homeless lady Edda. Armed with nothing more than an iron dagger, she managed to kill him in a matter of seconds, the guard not even looking at him. And since he opened the gate and had the key on his possession, I was able to walk right in to the house without even trying.

So, some random old lady managed to beat the quest for me. You're damn right you can have one gold!

Well I loaded my old old save of my 2h warrior by mistake when looking for a previous version of my assassin .. the glitch was fixed, so I don't know if it was due to the patch or what .. but weee! With Longos mentioned easy way to get sneeking up, I will use that to milk some free perks. Happy days happy days!

Elder Dragons are new?

Also, I'm quite pissed off! I'm going for the 15 Daedric artifact achievement. And apparently on the Clavicus Vile one, if you do it one way rather than the other, the item you receive isnt ACTUALLy an artifact!! So I have "14"....I have to start a whole new game and do them all again. Fucking bastards!!

Haha true. But at least Sheogorath is funny as hell. Vile is just a big fat jerk.

MattAY said:
Elder Dragons are new?

Also, I'm quite pissed off! I'm going for the 15 Daedric artifact achievement. And apparently on the Clavicus Vile one, if you do it one way rather than the other, the item you receive isnt ACTUALLy an artifact!! So I have "14"....I have to start a whole new game and do them all again. f****** b******!!

I took too long to kill the mage during the skull of corruption quest so the skull was destroyed, and I lost a potential companion, no achievement for me either :(

I started a new file but after reaching 53 with my first character I honestly just dont feel compelled to play anymore

Don't get me wrong, brilliant game, even as sandy as longo's vagina is, even he's still playing, but there's a large number of tiny imperfections here and there, that over the course of the game add up to frustrate too much to play another 2 weeks straight

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaminglovex