|OT| Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The parts for my PC should be here tomorrow, which means i should be modding skyrim sometime tomorrow afternoon or night.

Might do some before/after screenshots and detail some of the mods i chose on here for you other PC guys.

Haven't been playing my PS3 character too much because going from a god-like level 32 to level 1 again is going to hurt enough as it is, let alone if i kept leveling and doing quests.
Did get bored earlier and kill every killable NPC in Markarth, though. Took everything that wasn't bolted down around all the unkillables, too.
Want to be immortal? Fine. Be immortal with nothing but a bed and a desk, asshole. Enjoy eternity.

I was offered to join the Dark Brotherhood, but then I decided "Nah" and killed them all instead.

I'm either a force of wonder and good, or I'm so evil that I killed the evil people. Either way.

I think I'm going to reload the save just so that I can experience the quest line, but it looks like a lot of bullshit for not much of a pay off. So, yeah.

And maybe now, at level 40 with God Killer gear, I'll actually do the Horn of Jorgen Windcaller.

You all bitch and moan too much, I think Skyrim is a great game, keeps me entertained most of the time. Everyone bitched about Oblivion, Fallout 3, new vegas, and even Morrowind. Enjoy the game and quit complaining. If you take in consideration all the crap games that were released this year, Skyrim is great.

Longo_2_guns said:
I was offered to join the Dark Brotherhood, but then I decided "Nah" and killed them all instead.

I'm either a force of wonder and good, or I'm so evil that I killed the evil people. Either way.

I think I'm going to reload the save just so that I can experience the quest line, but it looks like a lot of bullshit for not much of a pay off. So, yeah.

And maybe now, at level 40 with God Killer gear, I'll actually do the Horn of Jorgen Windcaller.

It's actually one of the best (imo) quest lines in the entire game.

The only evil type quest I refused to do was this one where this lady asked me to clear out a cave for her and she came along to help. At the end of the cave she asked me to bring some one back there so we could eat them. Instead I killed her right there on the spot. Even video game cannibalism is a little to much for me. I'll stick with cold blooded murder. =p

kingg5 said:
You all b**** and moan too much, I think Skyrim is a great game, keeps me entertained most of the time. Everyone bitched about Oblivion, Fallout 3, new vegas, and even Morrowind. Enjoy the game and quit complaining. If you take in consideration all the crap games that were released this year, Skyrim is great.

Who is bitching and moaning? Who said they weren't enjoying themselves? Every post I have been reading is that by and large people enjoy the game.

You got your panties all bunched up over nothing. And besides, bitching about people bitching makes you a what?.......

I was thinking about going through the Dark Brotherhood quest line, but I just think that I'm going to retire the game for now. It was fun, but I have so little emotion to go through another generic, linear cave dungeon that just so happens to loop back around to the beginning and has a secret door right back at the beginning. I even drew a picture that fits for just about every single one.

I got a few more missions into the main story before just going "Wow, this is a lame retcon and hamfisted explination to give them an excuse to have dragons in what was a pretty unique world partly because they were all dead." So I stopped.

Anyway, I had fun, but I'm done. I'm really glad I didn't hype myself up for this, because I would've been more disappointed. As it is, though, it's a fun game with a lot to do, but really less of a drive to do it all.

I have to admit... I am a lazy bum. One of the things I disliked about Oblivion was slogging through a cave or dungeon and after clearing it having to slog all the way back out. So, for me at least, the addition of the little secret short cuts back out to the entrance is like one of the greatest ideas they have ever come up with. :lol:

I can understand where you are coming from with the other stuff. I've ignored the main quest for so long that I kinda forgot what I was supposed to be doing or why I am even doing it. After 130 hours though, I'm not stopping now till it's all done.

Don't get me wrong, it's great. And most of the quest important ones in Oblivion had it too. It's, just, EVERY dungeon is like that. It would be better if they had more that had the special loot you were going for at the half way point, or if it had a trap door to some other part of the world, or even if they just shortened the dungeon to half size. Just some sort of variation.

C_nate said:
kingg5 said:
You all b**** and moan too much, I think Skyrim is a great game, keeps me entertained most of the time. Everyone bitched about Oblivion, Fallout 3, new vegas, and even Morrowind. Enjoy the game and quit complaining. If you take in consideration all the crap games that were released this year, Skyrim is great.

Who is bitching and moaning? Who said they weren't enjoying themselves? Every post I have been reading is that by and large people enjoy the game.

You got your panties all bunched up over nothing. And besides, bitching about people bitching makes you a what?.......
I've been following this thread since it started and I seen posts on how morrowind was better, too many glitches, etc. All i'm saying is people always find something wrong with good games. One of the many reasons I only follow the reviews on this site is cause they tell you the facts, that and the fact that they don't rate games from horrible to the greatest. My point is find the game that gets that special A+ rating till then quit complaining about glitchs and crap, the systems and PC of the new age has glitchs on every game.

NickKmet said:
Green_Lantern said:
kingg5 said:
posts on how morrowind was better

Well it is....

you're kidding, right? God, the combat was downright horrendous.
Apart from the combat and graphics, i agree that Morrowind is the best of all the TES games.
Luckily, MorroBlivion exists which fixes the graphics gives it oblivion combat.

Yeah, pretty much that. There's so much more to it than the combat, which is really why people always praise it so highly.

CloacalKiss said:
Hipsters are the people who call Morrowind better than Skyrim. Just stop it already! Leave this topic alone.

/picksupastickandpokesthetopic

what you gonna do abouts it?

Morrowind was a great game, but it isn't about what game is better. I play the games for the jaw dropping experiences that goes along. So what if there is glitchs in skyrim and alot of other games, never ruined the experience for me.

So they put out another patch on Steam yesterday and one of things they said they fixed was when your bookshelves would sometimes become unusable. Except the bookshelf in my Windhelm house is still broken.

Also my dragon potion from Esbern still doesn't work and I have multiple quests under Misc that I completed but are still open in the log driving me crazy along with multiple quest items stuck in my inventory.

Need moar patches plz!!!

Well I think I've done everything that needed to be done. All main quests and guild quests completed. All curiosities satisfied. I'd have 50 out of 50 achievements if it wasn't for that PESKY Clavicus Vile! 49 will have to do for now.......

.......what to play next :shock:

I got bored of the game about a week ago. Haven't touched it since. Though just like all other TES games I get bored of it for a while then super addicted for a while and that just continues until the next one comes along.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133