Movies you finally saw and was like holy crap this is bad

I third Avatar. I'm embarrassed that I even saw it.

I saw Paranormal Activity 1 finally on Halloween. It was pretty good I thought.

Haven't seen Miss March but that does remind me that I recently watched Fanboys. I knew it wasn't good and I didn't expect much from it. I'm a geek and a SW fan so I thought I'd get a few laughs out of it. But nnnnnnnnoooooooooope.

Oh, I forgot one.

Madagascar 2

Although I had no idea I was going to go and see it when I agreed to go. And I went with these three hot as hell jailbaits who were all up on my dick, who were technically legal for me at the time, but then I cut them loose cause they were all bitches and whores.

Okay, the real reason was I was going to go with one of my friends too, but he flaked. I didn't want to go, but once I give my word I always follow through. Always. I mean, a man who can't keep true to his word is hardly a man at all.

Any movie with nicholas cage, sit down and think about it, for every movie that was half ok, there's 6 absolute shit ones

That and Godzilla, the american remake, i put off watching it, really wanted to, finally we were at my friends house and he had it, popped er in, lit a joint, and to this day, I'm still heartbroken over what a waste of weed that was

Icepick said:
Any movie with nicholas cage, sit down and think about it, for every movie that was half ok, there's 6 absolute s*** ones

That and Godzilla, the american remake, i put off watching it, really wanted to, finally we were at my friends house and he had it, popped er in, lit a joint, and to this day, I'm still heartbroken over what a waste of weed that was

D'awww... some of his last movies are pretty good. Even if he isn't playing the main role. :p Kickass, Sorcerers apprentice and the war movie whose name I've forgotten.

But then there is that Bangkok movie... :(

Kijan said:
Sex in the City 2

Wait, wait, WAIT! Please let me explain my mistake, I beg of you don't kill me yet! Put those torches down, I said put the down. PUT THEM DOWN! And away with the forks and shovels, AWAY!

Good... it was my girlfriends birthday and because of that I let her chose a film for us two to watch and she picked this abomination of the film industry.

I know, I know... my life has no meaning anymore. But it was not my fault, IT WAS NOT MY FAULT! Please believe me, BELIEEEEEEVE ME!

*back to reality*

Because of this film she cannot choose films for about a month or so. So she'll be stuck with a lot of Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone, Jean Claude Van Dame, Jackie Chan... etc. for now. :p :D Testicle power, wooo!

is it wrong that the movie entertained me? i saw it for the same reason as you.. i dunno why, but it just did. but i didn't go in expecting it to be anything more than a 2 hour sexy in the city episode. and it wasn't. would i pay to go watch it on my own or suggest anyone else do so? no, of course not.

but i think there is a big difference between something like sex in the city 2, which is what it is.. and something like clash of the titans, that is supposed to be epic and engaging, but just fails and falls short on every single level, to the point it feels like a comedy.

i loved paranormal activity. those are the only types of scary movies i enjoy.ones that leave everything to the imagination.

also very much enjoyed avatar. i really don't give a flying fuck that it was a ripoff of like 12 other movies. it was entertaining and nothing more, and that's what i went to see. and it delivered. i also enjoyed it as much, if not more on my television xD

talking about avatar.. the hurt locker disappointed me. it wasn't bad or even close to it by any means. but it was just another war movie, they're all the same to me.

intoTheRain said:
also very much enjoyed avatar. i really don't give a flying f*** that it was a ripoff of like 12 other movies. it was entertaining and nothing more, and that's what i went to see. and it delivered. i also enjoyed it as much, if not more on my television xD

talking about avatar.. the hurt locker disappointed me. it wasn't bad or even close to it by any means. but it was just another war movie, they're all the same to me.

I agree with all of this. Why does no one bitch when the OTHER rip offs come out but when it's popular they need to rag on it?

As for the Hurt Locker, I also completely agree. Not very realistic, the cowboy hero is something that director did back in Point Break and reminded me of almost every other 90s action hero and it was a slightly better than average action flick. Well acted, great sound but something was lacking.

Oh. The Wrestler. Another one I finally saw and was like"....Really?" Great acting definitely. Horrible pacing and hit almost every independent film cliche from camera angles to score.

^Not to mention the signature Afronsky "You fucking kidding me ending?"

So many smaller movies adopted that, I pretty much become immune to feeling disappointed by an ending..

The only good Cage films are Con Air and Face/Off.

Also, did anyone else hate Shutter Island?
It was good until the mystery was revealed, then I was just anoyed at the shoddy story. It's the similar level of dissapointment to the plot reveal at the end of MGS2.
It just made me go, ".....fuck off"

What, you disliked the ending in MGS2? You mean you didn't like the painfully long 20 minutes codec conversation on why humanity is faulty? LOL

Shutter Island did indeed suck. I figured out the ending half way through the movie but thought that would be too stupid... then it ended and I was right, it was stupid.

A lot of my pals similarly disliked Shutter Island. Then I saw it and liked it quite a bit. Maybe I'm just lame.

There Will Be Blood

It was definitely your typical movie based off of a book, because they try to fit as much insignificant shit within a 2 hour period as possible as to not leave anything out, and the whole thing becomes shoddy and disjointed.

Haha, my mate rented Waterworld a while back and said that it was pretty much watching 2 or so hours of people treading water.

EDIT: Scratch that, it was Open Water that the above was about. Which I may as well add to the list.

Oh yeah, that was good too. I get goosebumps everytime he uses the Nos in the aquaduct.

MattAY said:

you really don't like kick ass? kick ass is one of my favorite recent movies.. i normally can't stomach nicholas cage, but i LOVED that movie.

i didn't know if i should be disturbed, laughing, sad, etc. when i watched that movie.. i dunno, it was just so.. different, and well done. and the action scenes are incredible as far as i'm concerned.

intoTheRain said:
MattAY said:

you really don't like kick ass? kick ass is one of my favorite recent movies.. i normally can't stomach nicholas cage, but i LOVED that movie.

i didn't know if i should be disturbed, laughing, sad, etc. when i watched that movie.. i dunno, it was just so.. different, and well done. and the action scenes are incredible as far as i'm concerned.

Agreed. I loved Kick Ass.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle