Movies you finally saw and were like hot damn that was good!

Note by Note, a documentary about the production of a Steinway piano. It was cool because every person took so much pride in what they do and it was cool to see what all goes into it.

No really!

Back when it came out, I remember being totally neutral to it. I wasn't camped out in line for it, I wasn't talking about how shitty it was gonna be on internet comment sections, I didn't get dragged to see it by a group of friends. I may have been the only person in America who didn't see it in the theater. Well, a few months ago a friend and I watched a blu-ray rip of it on his big-ass monitor. I expected very little, but was pleasantly surprised. The visuals were amazing, the creatures were inventive, the world was immersive, and the action scenes and set pieces were among the best I had ever seen in a movie. Also, the version he had lacked subtitles, so it was even more immersive. When it was over, I concluded that there must have been at least an hour left on the cutting room floor, I would have watched that extra hour, dammit.

I downloaded a Cam copy and saw it that way, because a movie has to be able to hold up on it's story alone or i refuse to watch it.

Thus, i still believe Avatar to be average.
The story is fucking retarded.

Why does the movie end when it does?
Right before they all get nuked from orbit like was 100% guaranteed the instant they killed a human?

We tried peace. They rejected it.
Now we just nuke and go in there to mine with radiation suits.

ahaha madster. u so loony.

I can agree on the story being done so many times over, but the special fx.....omg.

I really enjoyed Avatar and I didn't see it in theaters either...

The only problem I have is James Cameron is now milking it for all it's worth...How many year old movies out there get a rerelease in theaters, and a special extended cut DVD/Blu Ray only like 3 months after the original hit.

madster111 said:
I downloaded a Cam copy and saw it that way, because a movie has to be able to hold up on it's story alone or i refuse to watch it.

Thus, i still believe Avatar to be average.
The story is f****** retarded.

Why does the movie end when it does?
Right before they all get nuked from orbit like was 100% guaranteed the instant they killed a human?

We tried peace. They rejected it.
Now we just nuke and go in there to mine with radiation suits.

a movie that provides entertainment is a good movie. if the only thing you care about in a movie is a good story, read more books and watch less movies.

sure some movies entertain and provide a good story, but that still doesn't make avatar a bad movie. i'm sure you know this and are bitching about it solely because it's so popular, but i thought i'd put in my 2 cent anyway.

if avatar was just a sleeper hit, with no press, no big marketing, everyone would enjoy it and wouldn't feel the need to dissect it and hate on it in every way possible. can be said for a lot of things though.

I think you guys may be missing the point of the "finally" thing. These are supposed to be films that evaded you for a long time then you finally saw them. Not new releases.

used44 said:
I think you guys may be missing the point of the "finally" thing. These are supposed to be films that evaded you for a long time then you finally saw them. Not new releases.

What if the inner turmoil I put myself through was worth a years worth of anguish? I really didn't want to see another Michael Cera flick, but it just looked so damn cool. And I saw it alone... :? ...and enjoyed it.

Another good movie that people kept telling me was amazing but I just couldn't sit down to watch it until recently:
Layer Cake

used44 said:
Layer Cake belongs in the other topic. Totally forgettable.

your_opinion.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod