Worst Movies of the Year

Delorean88

Rookie
Why not? There's always GOTY or movie of the year talk but why not sit down and discuss painfully awful works in the film industry of this year. So what was a movie this year that you saw that left a shitty taste in your mouth, one that as it began you slowly regretted your decisions. Whether you enjoyed it's awfulness or left the theater/TV room filled with anger or depression this was a movie that you will ensure that you never have to sit through again. So what was the worst movie(s) that you saw this year? If you saw something this year for the first time that was previously released another year but is just terrible you could saw that too.

For me Green Lantern and Transformers 3 (sorry if you liked either of those), I knew going in both were bad but I couldn't enjoy any part of Green Lantern. Transformers 3 as bad as it was the only thing I enjoy about that movie is just making fun of it and analyzing every terrible aspect of it. Crushing that movie is what made the price of the ticket worth it

Battle: LA. Not only the year for me. One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Nothing else really comes to mind. I don't watch movies generally that I'm pretty sure are terrible. I watch Battle:LA with low expectations, assuming it would at least provide some decent entertainment. My god.. Every time you thought the movie was over, a bigger alien ship appeared. Like 10 times. And I've never been more disappointed with the way a monster/alien looked than in that movie.

I watch Rio and that was pretty awful, but definitely not worst movie of the year.

So my vote is just Battle: LA

Transformers 3 to me is a terrible movie, the terrible movie I was expecting Battle: LA to be. Poor writing, poor directing, poor story, but pure entertainment . Transformers 3 delivered. Battle: LA did not. I try to watch movies with an open mind now, I find I can enjoy a lot more than thinking I'm a paid movie critic. I don't personally understand what is so god awfull baad about transformer 3.

Its gorgeous, amazing sound, super hot girl, laughs. That's all I expect, and it provides them all.

Yay, schimmel is here!

War Horse does indeed look terrible.

Green Lantern was terrible though. I can't tell you how much I hated everything about that movie. Sigh.

I also have great dislike towards Hanna. Except for the action sequences.

The remake of The Thing. Awful.

I like Battle: LA and Green Lantern, but I can see why some others wouldn't.

What's really sad is you could tell they were planning on GL being a huge hit, but they just handled it so damn poorly. It was terrible.

I knew GL would suck, so I didn't see it.

I didn't see any movies that really sucked hard (at least none that I can remember at the moment)

Bret, I respect you as a human being, but I couldn't disagree more on Hanna. There were some parts that I didn't enjoy like how towards the end, when you find out Eric Bana isn't her real father, she immediately rejects him and has no feelings for the man that raised her by himself, and was the only other human she knew for 13 years but otherwise was unreal

Edit: I take my previous statement back, after looking on Rotten Tomatoes, and other sites, it does seem that everyone hates that movie. Apologies for my false statement.

I'm actually watching Green Lantern again right now because my brother hasn't seen it. It is indeed terrible, but still fun.

Chris_Crime said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6UCHk5pFmU

hmm....
Danny Trejo?

I'm totally ok with this.

And green lantern wasn't too bad.
Well, when i say wasn't too bad, i mean it was at least 5x better than i was expecting from the trailer.
Although the the trailer did make me want to get shot in, say, the knee before i watched the movie.

Green_Lantern said:
I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't actually seen Green Lantern....

I haven't, I just thought it looked bad and turns out I was right. Can't wait for next summer though: Dark Knight Rises, Avengers and Spiderman???

Usually when a movie looks horrible or I hear terrible things about it I just skip it. So I haven't seen Green Lantern, Jack and Jill, The Thing, War House, etc...

I did see the 4th Pirates of the Carribean movie and it was pretty terrible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle