Let's post some pictures! (Of yourself or..Whatever else.)

WickedLiquid said:
I disagree. It was incredibly hard but I was able to pass that stage eventually. TMNT's seaweed however was brutal and I could never ever pass that shit.

Probably because you have to take your time but at the same time hurry cause there's a frigging time limit.

And Craig I love your ideas but you already have the Mario Kart one. You don't want all your shirts to have f*** on them. Then again it's a good word to express just how horrible that level is.

That speeder bike level sucked so much. I remember that too. Might be a good shirt idea.

Thanks WickedLiquid, I do appreciate that and I think you're onto something. I should look into rephrasing what the shirt says, considering my Mario Kart shirt already has "f***" of some form on it, you're right man.

intoTheRain said:
Same. But I still stand by what I said.

I wouldn't wear a shirt like that period. But tons of people do.

Maybe you could avoid the expletive altogether. Have the seaweed pic on the front. And a smashed controller on the back :)

Would be really funny if someone was sitting behind you and saw the smashed controller and wondered what was on the front. Then you stood up or they got in front of you and saw the seaweed picture.

I like Optimus' suggestion. You should make a whole line of hard boss t - shirts. Though I imagine if it got too successful you'd have a ton of legal issues to worry about. Not sure how that'd all work.

Unfortunately RedBubble doesn't allow printing stuff on the back but... that would be a cool idea for a logo, actually! A smashed/broken in half old school NES controller. That's an awesome idea, intoTheRain! I might look into trying to design a logo for that, sounds awesome.

I like Optimus' suggestion as well, it might be something I can look into, e.g. trying to design shirts based off screen shots of difficult old school games. Yeah, the copyright is an issue but... we'll see how it goes.

Also Rakon, that is an AMAZING mouse pad.

Thanks again guys for your feedback and ideas. It's amazing. :D

Maybe artistic impressions of these infamously frustrating levels that aren't just the screenshot? Like Raphael being attacked by seaweed, or the Battletoads crashing into the barriers, fighting Tyson, etc. The screenshots are great, but I bet you could draw something original that would be even better. And with no text it would be a more subtle reference for the people who played the game's to enjoy.

Broken controller is a great logo idea.

So at work today, I'm running three computers at once to export a bunch of video files. In the mean time, I took intoTheRain's idea of a broken controller logo and sketched up a quick design...

10492439_10152294462654143_1480139978524357457_n.jpg

I really like it! :)

I drew it to look very similar to a NES controller albeit with a few cosmetic differences. I added the sorta pointy explosion to emphasise the controller break, but to also give the logo a circular feel, as if it could be worn as a badge so to speak. The line break on the left of the 'explosion' is to represent the controller's cord.

I think I might actually use this logo for my Reckless Abandon work (that's the name of my freelance stuff). I'll probably add "Reckless Abandon" in text on this logo, going around the logo in a circular manner as well but... I'll play with that when the time comes. For now, I'll focus on making a digital, coloured version of this one.

Thanks again, intoTheRain. :)

What do you all think?

I'm glad someone else saw that. I was staring at it, trying to stretch the pieces juuust enough and twist 'em together or something.

It's a good way to endlessly bother me. It's making me twitch.

intoTheRain said:
I expect a cut of profits Craig

I'll settle for 49% if you do all the work.

I'll mail you packets of instant ramen noodles.

used44 said:
The pieces don't line up...

Sightless said:
I'm glad someone else saw that. I was staring at it, trying to stretch the pieces juuust enough and twist 'em together or something.

It's a good way to endlessly bother me. It's making me twitch.

That's true, the pieces don't line up properly at all. However that being said, it doesn't really matter to be honest as it is a sketch and will be used as a reference for when I do design the logo digitally (which will be done with Adobe Illustrator, maybe Photoshop too). Once it's done digitally, then the pieces will line up as it should and the logo will be correct in terms of fitting and size.

I looked at the pictures of Chewie and Stumpy and immediately started singing the theme song to Pinky and the Brain.

Do not line up the pieces. The shirts are meant to be fun. You can put that level of perfectionism into the shirt material, not the design of a campy logo, which it is meant to be, right?

And as a bonus, it makes Sightless twitch. Keep it!

I'm trying to figure out the logistics of those lego hands. How do you get them on after taking them off to open a door or whatever?

Ever played with those Hulk foam hands? I'm thinking there could be a plastic stick to grip.

used44 said:
I'm trying to figure out the logistics of those lego hands. How do you get them on after taking them off to open a door or whatever?

Hold it in your arm like a smart person?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle