Let's post some pictures! (Of yourself or..Whatever else.)

That sounds awesome, Bret. Nice, man. You used to do wrestling?

I've had the opportunity to learn from Olympic judoka before, but it doesn't happen very often at all. Since I live in the far north of Australia, we're quite isolated and have a lower population. These Olympians are like... coaches to local clubs down there, producing incredible judo players, where as up here, we're learning from people who are experienced, yes, but not at the level as down south. I mean that with no ill respect.

It's great to have big Jake up here, even for a weekend. I'm a heavy weight judo player myself, so learning from a heavy weight is amazing.

Yeah. I wrestled in High school and Jr high. I also did a freestyle club in the offseason as well as a bit of jujitsu grappling. Usually placed in competitions. Went and trained at a lot of college camps. It was life for me as a teen.

I would love to learn other martial arts along with judo, but it just takes up so much time, and money... which isn't so much of a problem when you're a teenager, but as an adult with "responsibilities", I guess you've gotta be choosy about what hobbies you can/can't do.

I'd love to learn how to box, since I can't punch for shit.

I wrestled too! I was terrrrrrible! Always wanted to try some form of martial arts, but was super intimidated by everyone when my mom took me to a local Dojo; I chickened out. I respect you guys and all your accomplishments. The discipline martial arts teaches seems most rewarding. I sometimes struggle with temperament and wonder if I could have benefited from attending that program when I was younger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod