inception

It was indeed a movie full of awesome-ness.

I found it a little confusing in the beginning and don't quite get a few things about the plot. I wasn't exactly sure what the mission's goal was when it began. But once the mission began I was able to peice it together.

The last hour was just non-stop action. The Super Mario Galaxy fight scene was INCREDIBLE!

As for the ending I think it just comes down to whether you want to believe it was a happy ending or a sad ending. If you believe he got out then it's a happy ending, if he's trapped then it's a sad ending. So me being the optimist believes he got out

I like Liquid's theory and Gnome's. You guys are just so gosh darn smart.

Definitely set to be the next most hyped and overrated movie of all time, after it's directors last hit, The Dark Knight.

monkeygoat said:
Definitely set to be the next most hyped and overrated movie of all time, after it's directors last hit, The Dark Knight.
I assumed you haven't seen the film?

Loved it. I could go on for hours about it. And as excited as I am for Batman 3, I'm even more excited for whatever he does after that. My reaction to Inception: My brain is now diamonds.

But as much as I love Nolan's works, I got my qualms with his works too. I'll choose not to digress into them at this time. He is, however, one of the more innovative directors out there, with an incredible grasp of visual illusion (whether SFX or CGI), and the one thing I love the most about him, he has tight lips.

He keeps his movie's buzz quiet. He gives very little away, and just let's us enjoy his works for the first time. People are complaining about not enough pre-hype and it's the way he does his marketing. His trailers are always elusive and enigmatic. I love him for that because frankly I walk into too many movies too well-informed about what I'm about to see.

me...last paragraph said:
His trailers are always elusive and enigmatic.
So guess who I think would be the best Batman villian for number 3?

Egghead?

egghead.jpg

Granted all movies are higher ranked when they first come out and eventually lower their ratings, this deserves top 10 AT LEAST I think.

Finally got to talk with some friends about Inception. I think that "it's all a dream" is a little to Shaymalan for Nolan. But here's my "what if":

I believe that Cobb and Saito remain trapped and unable to leave Limbo. I think that Saito actually touching Cobb's totem is very important because "noone should touch your totem" (Stranger Danger 101). Saito, however, feels regret about pushing Cobb into this dangerous predicament. So he makes a world where he can repay Cobb. A world where he can see his family. But since Saito is a "tourist" and unskilled in the dream-making craft. He can't quite get the top to tip.

I know it's loosely cobbled together and has its holes. But I can believe whatever I want to, right?

Also, if you're interested and your internet-fu is low, there is an Inception Comic!

Yeah, I know. That's my big "what if". My "but probably this" is much more mundane. As mundane as a lucid-dream-heist movie theory can be. Mosty I like Ken Watanabe...I just love saying his name, Wa-ta-nabe.

Green_Lantern said:
Also, Ellen Page is in it...What more could you ask for

sooo how often do you visit 4chan?

Agreed, awesome concept for a movie and very VERY pleasing to watch - but again hollywood has stretched (or in this case - limited) reality - as far as dreams are concerned.

Again, best movie I've seen since Avatar.

Avatar was a great movie if you're focusing on only the artistic quality. The story plot is predictable.
I just came back from watching Inception and wow how amazing this film was. I agree with Wes's about the ending
Man, I bet people smoking weed would be tripping if they saw this film in their state of mind. Messing with physics like this was a complete mind-blower, specially at the beginning where you didn't think they were dreaming. Also the special effects placed in this movie...WOW!

Even though I agree with Wes's prediction, I'm not sure which to decide. The "totem" was still spinning, but looked unbalanced and could have stopped, but that's the thing...I feel Nolan wanted to give us suspense and ended the scene early. I still feel Nolan was inspired by what The Matrix gave to us.

Even after I left the theater my body was all tensed up and I was thinking really really hard about this movie...I don't think I've ever felt that way after a movie.

One thing I don't get is...

Why did the free fall of the van affect only the next level of dream, and not the ones after that? The hotel part was affected by not having gravity, but the winter one and the shores of his subconscious were not affected.

Yet, Saito continued to bleed throughout all levels of the dream after being shot in the original one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle