Guardians of the Galaxy thread

BsQYj1k.jpg

I had the pleasure of seeing Guardians of the Galaxy in advance of release after being invited by Disney watch after hearing a little bit about Disney Infinity 2.0. I enjoyed the film. Here's what I liked and here's what I didn't like shortly, without spoilers (even though you should feel free to post spoilers here):

+ Acting from pretty much everyone in the film:
While the brand is supposed to be a little silly and certainly one of the more out-there properties when it comes to Marvel's public-facing portfolio, almost everyone in Guardians took their role seriously and delivered some winning lines.
+ Computer and practical effects:
The entire movie looks fantastic and makes me excited to see what Disney's artists and animators can do with the upcoming Star Wars films.
+ Music:
Peter Quill, Star Lord carries around a cassette player.
- One of the final lines in the movie:
Delivered so cheesy, but honestly I'm notorious for saying this particular word in a silly way and I could never pull off the line Chris Pratt has to read seriously at the end of the film.
- A few more lines from the movie:
Some of the characters have names finished with "the Destroyer" so they have an odd free pass to say stuff like "First I will kill you, then I will kill him." It's part of the story and background of these characters, so you might like it more than I did.

Go see it!

I absolutely loved it. Lately I've felt like getting a good laugh at a movie required a lot of crassness, like R-rated crassness. But this was extremely funny while not coming across as squeaky clean. I was actually surprised by the number of shits and asses said. Way to go, Disney. Thanks for giving some breathing room on that.

What I loved is that every character went on a journey of progression. As opposed to X-Men that only has two characters surrounded by a lot of people with little growth or change. And each one in turn had some great laughs and tears. The breadth of emotion was surprising.

Rocket was amazing. He was like a furry Archer. Tons of great lines. There are phrases that my work mates and I will be tossing around for awhile.

Favorite line showdown. SPoiler: We're Kevin Bacon!

Green_Lantern said:
No raccoons or tree creatures were harmed in the making of this movie.
I noticed this too. Always like watching a Marvel movie because they make such a big deal of the stinger, with an appropriate change in the credit's theme and all..
best stinger ever btw

Wes said:
Is Thanos in this?
Longo's right, he just kinda sitting, but it's all spot on Thanos, from the grin to his throne. Actually it was great.

But if you remember, they had originally only said he was going to be a hologram. So we got more than they had revealed. Marvel workin that slow burn...

used44 said:
Saw this tonight. Best movie ever, right?
Yeah, probably.

I was disappointed by some of the choices they made (like making the Nova Corps pilots rather than fucking awesome, and making Ronan generic McBadguy instead of anti-hero space Dredd, but whatever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle