The Avengers |OT|

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by WickedLiquid, Apr 29, 2012.

1. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

[​IMG]

Yes I know we have a movie thread AND a comic book movie thread but this is such an epic that it deserves its own thread. I mean think about it (cue Ugh's gif) we've had FIVE movies that were made to build us up to this moment! It's the film Marvel enthusiasts have been waiting on for years!

And it's either going to deliver the goods or send more fanboys into a worse rage than Spider-man 3.... Or Star Wars Episode 1.... Or Star Wars Episode 2....

So who is going to see the most hyped movie of this decade so far?

2. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

I'll see it. Hopefully in theaters. I didn't see any of the summer blockbusters in theater last summer. So that was no fun.

3. NickKmet

NickKmet Regular

It's making a killing overseas right now. Hopefully that means it's good?

4. Bretimus_v2

Bretimus_v2 So tired.

From the buzz, it delivers in spades. I can't wait to see it. Hopefully I can convince my wife to sit through it.

5. danielrbischoff

IMAX 3D on Monday after the huge rush. I hope I can hold out with a movie marathon of my own.

6. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Already have my ticket. will say more when I'm not on my phone.

7. madster111

madster111 Rookie

Oh, that's right, forgot that americans get it late.

It's pretty good. Due to the amount of people in it, none of them are very characterized and everything feels a little rushed despite the 2:20 run time.
    Overall it's a solid movie, though. Hulk proves to be the most badass, and it's action with some funny bits lobbed in there.
    Tony Stark is a little bit less... tony'y than i would figure in the end, but overall it actually adds to the character.

Would watch again, 99% chance i'll grab it when it's out on blu-ray and 50% i'll get dragged to the movies with other mates to watch it again.

8. UghRochester

UghRochester https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester

I would love to see this, but I haven't seen

Both Ironman
    Thor
    Captain America

This is a stupid question, but was a Hawkeye and Black Widow movie even made?

9. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

Yes. It was called Ronin's Spider. In it both Clint and Natasha begin as enemies and fight each other. They then put aside their differences and become lovers when they must team up against an even greater threat: The Living Laser!

It came out right after Incredible Hulk. In fact, if you watch Hulk's end-scene with General Ross and Tony Stark, you can see Hawkeye and Black Widow sitting at a table in the back.

10. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

According the reviews this movie can be nothing short of one of the best movies of all time. I work opening night, but I'll be going as soon as possible afterwards.

11. danielrbischoff

I'm actually blown away by the fact that we're actually here. If you had told me 10 years ago that an avengers movie would be made.... and each key member would get their own movie leading up to it... and Samuel L Jackson would be playing Nick Fury....

I would have slapped you.

12. Wes

Wes Rookie

I would have said Nick Fury isn't black...

I know 2 hours and 20 minutes is pretty long but for a movie with this many characters I was expecting a full out 3 hour epic like Lord of the Rings.

13. danielrbischoff

I would have gladly paid more for a 3 hour epic.... so long as it was nothing like Lord of the Rings.

God I hated seeing those movies in theaters.

Also, why the fuck doesn't Iron Man have his helmet on? I get that RDJ is a big name but... I mean, Iron Man is pretty recognizable I'm sure.

14. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Because the movie appeals to movie lovers in general, not just fans of the comics. It's little tricks like showing RDJ's face that help market the film to a wide audience.

15. danielrbischoff

16. GiftedMonkey

GiftedMonkey Rookie

I have nothing but indifference for superhero comics and superhero comic movies, so this topic has been a nice reminder for me to not even bother using the internet for the next three weeks.

17. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

18. Daddio

Daddio Regular

The Iron Man movies weren't too bad. Captain America was okay and I didn't care much for Thor .. but I think this will work. Interested in seeing it at least.

19. Noritama

Noritama Rookie

It had to be black. This is the ultimate universe. Actually I'm happy Samuel L actually played the role since Ultimate Nick Fury is based on him.

Also at least we don't have this.
    [​IMG]

20. danielrbischoff

Anyone reading any good Avenger's books right now? I'm dying for a new trade paperback and I'd love to read some modern-leaning Iron Man, Thor, Cap, or Hulk right now.