inception

Lien

Rookie
Were you waiting for that one film, that one film that would change your heart? That would blow you away? like you've been waiting for that one film? With special effects and awesome gun fights? Look no further... and on IMAX!

inception-poster.jpg

I wish i could talk to you about it... i really do! And it's not about spoilers here, it's because my mind was still blown away... And the film is kinda complicated to explain.
Go see it, please! It's just... Well... we'll talk about this for years to come.

I'm as excited for this as I was for Shutter Island. In fact, I'm even more excited since I can't imagine this sucking as hard as Shutter Island.

I have a lot of faith in Nolan... They keep throwing The Dark Knight out there to attract people, but real movie fans know him better for Memento.

Dude Shutter Island was like... total poop, with an ending that was as bad as "and then he woke up and realized it was all a dream." Scorsese epic fail there. Hopefully Nolan won't follow suit, his 2 Batman movies AND Memento were pretty sweet

You misunderstood me.

I meant I am as excited to see this as I was excited to see Shutter Island when I heard about it. I'm not saying the movie was good because it wasn't. But before I was disappointed I thought it was going to be awesome.

I really dig pychology thrillers so when I hear of one coming out I get hyped up.

Guess who's going on a date with his wife tonight?

Me. :D

And guess what movie we're going to see?

The Twilight one. :x

Liquid, I didn't misunderstand you, I was agreeing with you that Shutter Island was total poop.

Bretimus, I'm sorry for your loss of manhood, but since you have a wife and kids I guess you don't need to worry about your manhood being threatened anymore. You've proven to be more of a man than most posters here. Still, I'm sorry for your loss of 2 hours of your life

Sounds like Schim and Wicked could use a refresher course in "Dude-nese".

I am jealous of all your movie viewing this weekend.

Bretimus, you know, the morning show is half price... if you're in the U.S that is.
Still though, half price IMAX is still 12 bucks. Lousy greedy Hollywood...

The more i think about it, the more i realized... man... this film is like... one of the top film of all time, at least in the top 20 here. Even top 10!

I'm seeing this tonight. Like all movies, I wanna see it in IMAX but I've learned time and time again you just can't waltz into the most popular theater in the city and expect to get tickets for an IMAX movie. Even if you're there three hours in advance. I remember when I tried to get tickets for The Dark Knight in IMAX, the guy working there was telling me they've been sold out for three days. :eek:

So I'll see it on a regular screen (but a good one, not at a crappy small theater). Sometimes I see movies twice at the theatre if they're THAT good. So if this really is as good as everyone says I'll catch it a second time once the crowd dies down in IMAX.

EDIT, just got back from it and it really was as awesome as its hype. I didn't find it too confusing though, I was able to keep up with what was happing. But then again I have seen a lot of complex films.

I have to agree with the posiive reviews! Thumbs up! Way up!!

I was JUST about to make this thread.

This movie might have been the most amazing piece of cinema ever created. It was incredible on all levels. I give it a 10/10, and I think it's an instant classic. Go see this movie. There is legitimately no reason why you should not see this movie.

It really was that good.

Annnnnd now it's time for spoilers

So the big question on everyone's mind is did Cob and Saito escape form Limbo or where they forever trapped in an infinite dream. Personally, I believe they got out from the dream and the camera cuts to black just as his totem falls over. In the dream it would spin perfectly for eternity unless Cob stopped it. And you could definitely see it slow down there at the end.

But I think the real point behind the ending was Cob no longer cared about what was real. If he had, he would've stayed to see if his "Totem" dropped. He wanted to be with his children more than anything and instead of taking the path of his wife where she committed suicide because she accepting everything as false, he would accept everything as true, even if it wasn't.

That's just my take on it

Exceptional movie. Kind of a well-acted, thinking man's "The Matrix". I thought that the ending....

....might mean that it was a dream all along, the entire movie, and that his wife was right about it not being the real world. The totem always fell down before becuase it originally wasn't his totem, and he was there to see it fall over. When he spun it and left at the end, it kept on spinning as it was his wife's totem. I guess his subconcious version of her could also be right in that the corporations and police after him were all just projections, but somehow his facing his guilt over her "suicide" alleviated this.

But that's just one of a few theories I have.

white-noise said:
this was the best movie of 2010 so far!

WOW!!!

Agreed! I was hooked right from the beginning. It was interesting that there were similar themes to the Matrix. This movie made me want to learn how to lucid dream.

LG, I like you theory! I was thinking along the same lines as Liquid.

Overall, everyone should check this movie out.

Definitely a must see movie...I was so sure I had the ending figured out until I started reading IMDB...Now I think I need to see it again, not that I would care that much. Easily a 10/10 from me.

Also, Ellen Page is in it...What more could you ask for

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod