GRumble 2011: Winners: Shaft, Modgasm, TheDiesel

Results, anyone?
Bretimus_v2 edges past WickedLiquid, 9-8.

DocMoc pronounced electricthunder DOA, 13-3.

Gunner37 put Mod-Chip out of his misery, 12-5.

Awkward just could hang with Can You Dig It, 12-5.

Ka-BOOM!!! Up in the air! It's a bird, it's a plane. Nope, it's UrbanMasque.

Let's finish out the final group, Zeddemore. After this stage, I'm going to do some quick recounts and then we'll be starting our 16-man bracket!

UghRochester
vs
Green_Lantern

Chris_Crime
vs
Schimmel

Sightless
vs
Shaft

Bretimus_v2/Schimmel - Hank & Dean
vs
De-Ting/Rakon - Team Hong Kong Phooey & Scatman Crothers

Close your eyes. Open your eyes. You're on a video game forum. Look left, look right! You must pick someone to be GRound! Open your wallet, send me your credit card info! Your identity is now my diamonds...

Green_Lantern
Schimmel
Sightless

Hank & Dean
venture_skull.jpg

Wicked

Just going to insert this here. The final rankings for the first two groups are in. I have you ranked top to bottom for your group with your record and the number of votes for you (and against in two instances). Those in red will not be moving on to the 16-man bracket.

Group Egon
Links (4-0, 40 for)
Used44 (3-1, 40 for)
UrbanMasque (3-1, 37 for)
Eyebrowsbv31 (1-1-2, 28 for)
Tyrranis (0-1-3, 21 for)
TheDiesel (0-4, 27 for)

This was a close one. Links remained unscathed but still had the same number of votes for as Used44. UrbanMasque came in right behind Used lacking only 3 votes. What would've happened had they met in the league matches? Take note: Being a noisy bitch pays off. Eyebrows got through by grace of his tie (good call on a recount, eh? and I do apologize, so thanks for double checking to everyone). We will, however, be saying goodbye to Tyrranis and TheDiesel. Thank you for your participation so far and I look forward to you continuing to make this a great GRumble.

Group Stantz
MattAY (4-0, 45 votes for)
Longo_2_guns (3-1, 43 votes for)
HK-47 (2-2, 34 votes for)
Kapow (1-3, 33 votes for)
Rakon (1-3, 31 votes for, 39 against)
De-Ting (1-3, 31 votes for, 40 against)

I expected sparks to fly in this group. It's easily the most stacked and active group. But it came down to mere votes (and Longo's honor) to determine the end ranking! On top of that it contained both of last year's finalists. Interestingly enough one ended up on top and the other came in dead last. Combine all of that with the fact that the 4th place spot came down to a difference of two votes! And I even had to go into votes against to settle the 5th and 6th. I want to thank both Rakon and De-Ting. Better luck in our other GRumble events.

That's all for now. Thanks for playing, you four.
fantasy20island.jpg

Green_Lantern

Chris_Crime

Shaft

Sorry diesel you've gotta go man.

Green_Lantern

Chris_Crime

Shaft

Members online

No members online now.